Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

My Landing Experience - Applied in Nov 2001

My Landing Experience - Applied in Nov 2001

Old Sep 4th 2005, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

radha_anand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Landing Experience - Applied in Nov 2001

Hello Everybody,
I have been a silent reader and getting tips/encouragement from this column for a long time now and want to share my timeline and landing experience for others out there who are waiting.
I really appreciate the input of all participants documenting their experience and when I went through the process, it was like checking off from a list knowing what to expect and do was a big relief.
A big thanks to Andrew Miller and Jim Humphries for their valuable service to those who need guidance or have some light thrown into the process. Having a professional person guide us soothes a lot of our anxiety.
A little bit of background, I have two dependants, my spouse and daughter. I filled in the application myself in November 2001 and made a lot of mistakes in terms of paying the processing fees only for myself, different family name in passport and application. I vaguely remember that at the time of application there were no strict rules in place that you pay for your dependants at the same time . I also unchecked the column where they ask if your dependants will be accompanying you. But their applications and other details were submitted in full. After 3 years into the process my dependants were going to accompany me now. All this caused me a lot of stress during the whole process and I got hooked into reading this forum and the immigration.ca forum.
My timeline/process
Applied:.......................................... ..........Nov 2001
AOR:.............................................. ..........DEC 2001
Interview Waiver:.......................................Oct 2002
FBI/Police Checks(First time):.......................Dec 2004
Medical (First time):....................................MAY 2003
Resubmit application form in new format ........JUL 2003
ROLF Fee.& Processing fees for dependants....Jan 2005
FBI/Police Checks(Second time):..................APR 2004
Medical (Second time):...............................MAY 2005
Letter from CSC stating they have not
received any of my FBI and medicals............JUL 2005
Followed up with letters, email and fax..........22 JUL 2005
Followed up with email and fax....................15 AUG 2005
Received email from CSC confirming PPR........17 AUG 2005
PPR VISA stamped in Buffalo:............... ......18 AUG 2005
Entered Canada(Queenston-Lewinston bridge).01,SEP 2005
US Return date:........................................03,SE P 2005
Old Sep 4th 2005, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

triniangel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My Landing Experience - Applied in Nov 2001

Originally Posted by radha_anand
Hello Everybody,
I have been a silent reader and getting tips/encouragement from this column for a long time now and want to share my timeline and landing experience for others out there who are waiting.
I really appreciate the input of all participants documenting their experience and when I went through the process, it was like checking off from a list knowing what to expect and do was a big relief.
A big thanks to Andrew Miller and Jim Humphries for their valuable service to those who need guidance or have some light thrown into the process. Having a professional person guide us soothes a lot of our anxiety.
A little bit of background, I have two dependants, my spouse and daughter. I filled in the application myself in November 2001 and made a lot of mistakes in terms of paying the processing fees only for myself, different family name in passport and application. I vaguely remember that at the time of application there were no strict rules in place that you pay for your dependants at the same time . I also unchecked the column where they ask if your dependants will be accompanying you. But their applications and other details were submitted in full. After 3 years into the process my dependants were going to accompany me now. All this caused me a lot of stress during the whole process and I got hooked into reading this forum and the immigration.ca forum.
My timeline/process
What a wait! and I was encouraged greatly especially as I am having quite a few stumbling blocks in my application which a couple months ago looked so very promising. You all persevered and are successful. I am hopeful. One question. Was there a mistake about your FBI and medicals or did they receive it late?
Old Sep 4th 2005, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

radha_anand is an unknown quantity at this point

There was no mistake in the medicals/FBI. I think the details were not entered into the system when the Immigration Officer went in to review my PR and me the reminder letter.
I followed it up with a detailed email /fax stating all the UPS details.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 10:03 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by radha_anand
Hello Everybody,
My timeline/process
Congrats and have a good one in Canada
Old Sep 5th 2005, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

DJAD74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: My Landing Experience - Applied in Nov 2001

Originally Posted by amancharan
Congrats and have a good one in Canada

[[COLOR=DarkRed]FONT=Verdana]All the best Amancharan, and enjoy this stressful 4 yrs you have endeavour[/FONT][/COLOR
:beer
Old Sep 6th 2005, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: My Landing Experience - Applied in Nov 2001

That was a long long wait. Patience is a virtue. I just applied to London CHC last month. and is expected to take as long though.

Congrats again