Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

My Interview in London - information

My Interview in London - information

Old Feb 4th 2005, 12:57 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default My Interview in London - information

Hi everyone,

I am back in Canada now after my very brief trip to London. Thought it would be interesting to people who have an interview arranged with CHC to hear how mine went.

Arrived at Embassy at 11.45am and appointment was at 12pm. At exactly midday we were called through where we met the most lovely French Canadian chap who introduced himself in a very friendly manner. He took us through to his office and gave my husband and I a seat. We sat down and he chatted to us about this and that. Then he asked to see our passports, looked at them and said "We are very pleased to tell you that we have already assessed you application and we are pleased to tell you that you have been successful." We smiled and then he chatted for a couple of minutes saying how wonderful our farm sounded and that the reason he had asked us to come to London was to give us his best wishes on our new venture in Canada and that he hoped we would be successful and happy in our new country. We will be sent our medical forms forthwith and he expected our passports to be stamped with the PR Visa within 3 months.

We said our goodbyes and were back out on Grosvenor Square by 12.15pm jumping around like idiots!!!

Anyway, just to let you know that he did not look at any extra trading accounts that we had taken in, or our up-to-date list of assets, or our bank statements, or anything; the only thing he asked to see was our passports!!!

Wensamjam - as I said to you on an earlier post - DO NOT WORRY!!!!!!!

I have a giant smile on my face I can tell you!!!!
Old Feb 4th 2005, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice
Default Re: My Interview in London - information

OH well done glad it went very well for you, I hope ours just goes aswell., will let you know how we get on. On the 16th Feb at 9.45am. We have been madly getting everything ready and prepared, most of which they won't even look at at.
congrualtions again.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Jonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
Hi everyone,

I am back in Canada now after my very brief trip to London. Thought it would be interesting to people who have an interview arranged with CHC to hear how mine went.

Arrived at Embassy at 11.45am and appointment was at 12pm. At exactly midday we were called through where we met the most lovely French Canadian chap who introduced himself in a very friendly manner. He took us through to his office and gave my husband and I a seat. We sat down and he chatted to us about this and that. Then he asked to see our passports, looked at them and said "We are very pleased to tell you that we have already assessed you application and we are pleased to tell you that you have been successful." We smiled and then he chatted for a couple of minutes saying how wonderful our farm sounded and that the reason he had asked us to come to London was to give us his best wishes on our new venture in Canada and that he hoped we would be successful and happy in our new country. We will be sent our medical forms forthwith and he expected our passports to be stamped with the PR Visa within 3 months.

We said our goodbyes and were back out on Grosvenor Square by 12.15pm jumping around like idiots!!!

Anyway, just to let you know that he did not look at any extra trading accounts that we had taken in, or our up-to-date list of assets, or our bank statements, or anything; the only thing he asked to see was our passports!!!

Congratulations... although I must admit I would be slightly miffed if I had gone all that way for an interview just to be told that the only reason they called was to wish us luck. I would have demanded my interview . Bloody idiot could have wished you luck over the phone if he was that interested...
Old Feb 4th 2005, 4:19 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done folks, congratulations to you. Happy days indeed

Rich.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 7:47 am
KJT
Forum Regular

KJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really niceKJT is just really nice

Well done for getting your Visa's, brilliant news.

However,

Its ridiculous that you were made to come to London just to be told "best wishes!"

I thought these people were busy and were having trouble just looking through the files? They are wasting your time and theirs.

What is going on?

KJT
Old Feb 4th 2005, 10:55 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys!! Same thoughts crossed my mind too.........what are telephones for?? Anyway, was slightly miffed momentarily but this was very quickly replaced by jubilation. I had a great time seeing my hubby again and he is now going to speed up and hopefully be out in Canada quicker than intended which will be great.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 11:48 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

Great news you must be so relieved.

Just one thing crossed my mind, that keeps being said by one of the forum regulars when people say "we have got it" They have always thrown water on the flames by saying do not assume anything until the visa is in the passport!

Much of what he has said seem to be contradicted by those that have been to interviews in UK.

It is quite sobering from your experience to think that they are genuinely nice people. ( At least some) and maybe some of the information that is given from past experiences, is not necessarily true to all applicants in all countries.

How could the guy say you will get visas within 3 months, if you have not had medicals done yet? Does issuing of visa not depend on outcome of your medicals?
Or did you have to have medicals done to get your student visa, so it has already been done? and just needs to be done again for PR visa.
Just interested to know, as this throws much of what has been said in the past out.

Your email must have reassured many people that have been given the doom and gloom advise. I am really pleased for you. You deserve all the luck with your venture, and I wish you well.

Hi everyone,

Old Feb 5th 2005, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Bluespace is an unknown quantity at this point

All the very best! Hmm. I reckon from what you say that your application must have beeen a dream affair. lol. More seriously, I have noticed that those who intend to farm tend to be near the top of the list in respect of preferred immigrants. Of course, I may be wrong.

*S*

Hi everyone,

Old Feb 5th 2005, 3:55 am
Premium Member

Hi Gooding,

I don't know how he came up with the time-frame that he did, but he said that he was going to issue the medical papers straight away and that if we were to complete this on receipt then the PP would come immediately after they have received medical results. We haven't done medicals before during the process, but there won't be a problem with them. (I got the distinct impression that he wanted to hurry along our application and have it completed within 2 years (so before June) possibly to make their figures look good?

To be honest a lot of what is said on this forum has never rung true with our application. Our interviewer told us within a couple of minutes that we were successful and was not the slightest bit interested in seeing any new documentation which we had taken along to the interview.

When we went to the seminar at CIC in Vancouver 3 years ago, we were told by the Immigration Officer that we WOULD definitely be called for an interview and that our application, with me being a farmer, would be completed quickest. Now I don't know how much of this is true, but our AOR was within 2 weeks of PR application submission, our Permits to enter Canada came through within 5 days of submitting Study Permit applications, and we WERE told the outcome of our PR application at our interview.

Our application was slightly hampered by the fact that I didn't supply all of the correct documentation, but CHC have been in monthly contact with us since 13 months after AOR, and by the way he spoke at the interview,it seems that the decision was made as soon as they received the trading accounts in December just before the Study Permits were applied for, and issued.

Our background checks have already been done apparently, which again was what the Officer in Vancouver told us 3 years ago. He said that with business applicants they were done as the process was going along rather than being at the end. Again I know that this is not what has been stated on this forum, but this IS what has happened in our case and I have no reason to doubt our interviewer as for one he is Canadian and two he is a Visa Officer, so I doubt very much that he would tell porkies.

Maybe there are different rules for each category, I really don't know??
Old Feb 5th 2005, 4:04 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gooding,

I don't know how he came up with the time-frame that he did, but he said that he was going to issue the medical papers straight away and that if we were to complete this on receipt then the PP would come immediately after they have received medical results. We haven't done medicals before during the process, but there won't be a problem with them. (I got the distinct impression that he wanted to hurry along our application and have it completed within 2 years (so before June) possibly to make their figures look good?

To be honest a lot of what is said on this forum has never rung true with our application. Our interviewer told us within a couple of minutes that we were successful and was not the slightest bit interested in seeing any new documentation which we had taken along to the interview.

When we went to the seminar at CIC in Vancouver 3 years ago, we were told by the Immigration Officer that we WOULD definitely be called for an interview and that our application, with me being a farmer, would be completed quickest. Now I don't know how much of this is true, but our AOR was within 2 weeks of PR application submission, our Permits to enter Canada came through within 5 days of submitting Study Permit applications, and we WERE told the outcome of our PR application at our interview.

Our application was slightly hampered by the fact that I didn't supply all of the correct documentation, but CHC have been in monthly contact with us since 13 months after AOR, and by the way he spoke at the interview,it seems that the decision was made as soon as they received the trading accounts in December just before the Study Permits were applied for, and issued.

Our background checks have already been done apparently, which again was what the Officer in Vancouver told us 3 years ago. He said that with business applicants they were done as the process was going along rather than being at the end. Again I know that this is not what has been stated on this forum, but this IS what has happened in our case and I have no reason to doubt our interviewer as for one he is Canadian and two he is a Visa Officer, so I doubt very much that he would tell porkies.

Maybe there are different rules for each category, I really don't know??

In the 3 years since your lecture in Vancouver the rules have changed substantially. As to your interview, that was probably a mistake and he covered beautifully. Meanwhile, you were of course, not supposed to be in Canada so how would he be aware when the invitation was sent out that you would be coming from there?
Old Feb 5th 2005, 5:58 am
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
In the 3 years since your lecture in Vancouver the rules have changed substantially. As to your interview, that was probably a mistake and he covered beautifully. Meanwhile, you were of course, not supposed to be in Canada so how would he be aware when the invitation was sent out that you would be coming from there?
I don't doubt that things have changed within the last 3 years, I am only saying that what we were told back then has been pretty much exactly what has happened with our application, that's all. I am not putting down anything that anyone says on here, I am just suggesting that there is obviously flexibility within CHC and when some people on here tell us things like we have been asked to go for interviews because there is something wrong with our applications, that this is not necessarily correct. Also the order in which procedures are done, apparently run contrary to what some say on here.

As I say, I am not wishing to upset anyone or dismiss what I read on here, I am merely giving an in-depth account of what happened in our case. I don't know the in's and out's of what goes on.

Maybe the interview was a mistake on their part, however that is by-the-by now, I am just pleased with the outcome and I had a lovely time in London, so nothing lost.

Last edited by Tiaribbon; Feb 5th 2005 at 6:04 am.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Canada Bound is on a distinguished road

Congratulations to you, you have renewed our confidence that we are not too far off, like you say we are under different categories but hopefully we should not be too far behind (AOR July 03) with med requests . Thanks and enjoy the moment!