Is it my imagination??

Old Apr 16th 2009, 9:33 pm
Asia blue girl!!

jackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to all
Default Is it my imagination??

it seems to me that the people who have gone over to Canada on a TWP and have applied for PR status whilst already in Canada are getting their medicals and PR status faster than those still in the UK? I am hearing of people who are paying their £70 for TWP and then applying for PR and as little as 2 weeks later recieving requests for medicals!!

We went the PNP (BC) route, we were accepted in January, sent off for our PR straight away, it is now mid April so been waiting nearly 3 months and STILL no request for medicals!!

Has any one else noticed the same thing? if so do you know why this is happening, as we were told that once you applied for PNP you would be "FastTracked" to PR status?
Old Apr 16th 2009, 9:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it my imagination??

Yes, it is your imagination!

I think you must be confused, if people are getting something two weeks after applying then it will only be the initial letter, certainly not medical requests. Even fasttrack applications take 6-12 months.

PNP will probably take a bit longer than SW applications, but there shouldn't be much difference.

You will hopefully hear in a few months.

Old Apr 16th 2009, 9:55 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

The time line thing can really vary, we were on PNP route aswell for NS.

We recieved med requests 5 weeks after submitting PR part of the application to London and PR Visas 3 mths after submitting.

Are you able to check the ECAS system to see if you are on there? Also have they cashed your bankers draft for the fees yet?

Good luck
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:03 pm
Asia blue girl!!

jackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to all

Hi nikki dreaming,

How do you check online then? thanks for quick response
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:12 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

You need to go through this link and set yourself up, the only things is ecas can be hit and miss, some people show on there and its updated accurately and others are not, its worth a go

Go to here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

Then follow the links for check my application status, you will have to get yourself set up etc. You may also need to put your country as England rather than UK,
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:24 pm
Asia blue girl!!

Thanks Nikkidreaming
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

we are in canada but applying via london PNP
and timelies have been amazing

we are not on TWP or working though just here as visitors

CHC started processing on January 19th and Med request letter was Dated January 29th hows that for speed!! so processing time was 9 working days.

actual application was sent to London December 22nd so it took them a week or two to start processing due to chirstmas new year hols and christmas postal delays no doubt.

so its not your imagination but it does seem that Nova Scotia applicants are dealt with rapidly
I understand that applications are put in different plies depending on the province ?? or perhaps we just hear more from NS applicants on BE???

If myself, nikki dean etc are anything to go by then NS PNP is the absolutly fastest route to canada of all ,faster than spousal even.
pNP approval within 7 weeks and CHC processing to med requests 9 working days I havent heard of any faster applications??

We had a med problem otherwise we would im sure be PR by now fingers crossed all will be sorted soon

huge luck everyone
Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:03 am
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

We applied for PR via London after getting our approval for Newfoundland PNP. After a year of not hearing anything (we were over here on TWP's, so not too worried), we got in touch with the PNP office here in Newfoundland (who are amazing) to see if they could help. Turned out our application, despite having PNP written all over it, had been placed with the skilled worker applications. After that, it was only a couple of weeks until our medical request - whole thing done and dusted in about 3 months from there.

We had actually applied for extensions to our work permits as it had taken so long, however we got a letter saying that we didn't need them as our PR was now approved, and we got a refund! of the charges for the new work permit which was a nice surprise.

If you don't hear in the next few weeks, maybe try the PNP office - it tends to be a lot easier to speak to somebody there than CIC.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 5:05 am
Asia blue girl!!

Thanks guys I will try contacting the PNP in a few weeks