My Express Entry - PR application

Old May 8th 2018, 8:10 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Express Entry - PR application

Originally Posted by jwithers
Okay spot on, sounds good! Thanks for the help
You're welcome. Good luck with your application.
Old May 8th 2018, 8:12 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

I think I used this website btw.
​​​https://www.epassportphoto.com/16/Free/Canada/Visa/step1
Old May 9th 2018, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Ok brilliant, that makes things easier for the PR photo. Do they send you a digital copy or do you have to scan it yourself to upload?

I guess it makes sense to take my own and resize it online for the police certificate photo, this is amazing info by the way, I've always found it hard to get sizing etc right, cool start up/ app idea - https://www.persofoto.com/upload/passport-photo
Just a heads up but don't be surprised if later down the line the photo is rejected when your PR card is processed. There have been instances (me included) where the PR card processing center has rejected the same approved photo used for PR application (which meets all requirements) so they can gain more time for the processing without admitting they failed to meet their deadline. Happened to me earlier this year.
Old May 9th 2018, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

jwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think a way to avoid this would just be getting a professional shop to do it straight away?

In the grand scheme of things a few bucks for a photo here to save some time later down the line makes sense to me!
Old May 9th 2018, 3:15 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Do you think a way to avoid this would just be getting a professional shop to do it straight away?
C
In the grand scheme of things a few bucks for a photo here to save some time later down the line makes sense to me!
I'm not sure if the spec for a COPR photo is the same as the one for the PR card but in the case of many people here including myself, we've had COPR photos done in the UK and then the application has been processed outland through London whereas yours is a total inland CEC application. I wouldn't be surprised if the overseas consulate sections are slightly more lenient on these things but that's just a guess on my part. For what it's worth, the COPR document itself is about as lo-fi as it gets. Ours were just a piece of printed paper with one of the photos we sent crudely and loosely stuck to it using some sort of adhesive.

Maybe take your own for the EE profile and then when it comes to COPR time, go to a local photo shop (which you will have to do anyway) and make sure that they're giving you photos that will be accepted for both. Canadian photo shops should know exactly what they're doing whereas photo places in the UK can only go by the info that they already have or that you give to them.
Old May 24th 2018, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

jwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond reputejwithers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
I'm not sure if the spec for a COPR photo is the same as the one for the PR card but in the case of many people here including myself, we've had COPR photos done in the UK and then the application has been processed outland through London whereas yours is a total inland CEC application. I wouldn't be surprised if the overseas consulate sections are slightly more lenient on these things but that's just a guess on my part. For what it's worth, the COPR document itself is about as lo-fi as it gets. Ours were just a piece of printed paper with one of the photos we sent crudely and loosely stuck to it using some sort of adhesive.

Maybe take your own for the EE profile and then when it comes to COPR time, go to a local photo shop (which you will have to do anyway) and make sure that they're giving you photos that will be accepted for both. Canadian photo shops should know exactly what they're doing whereas photo places in the UK can only go by the info that they already have or that you give to them.

Yeah that is sound advise thank you, im going to do that especially after looking at the requirements, it doesnt look like i can upload the back of the photo with the signature anyway.

I have another question regarding my degree certificate, I have the WES letter, WES certificate as well as my degree certificate and full transcript. I was thinking, play it safe, merge all of them into one PDF and upload all documents or is this making it worse?

I was thinking, WES certificate first page, degree certificate second and then WES letter followed by transcript after, so they have everything to view. Thoughts?

Cheers
Old May 24th 2018, 1:37 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Yeah that is sound advise thank you, im going to do that especially after looking at the requirements, it doesnt look like i can upload the back of the photo with the signature anyway.

I have another question regarding my degree certificate, I have the WES letter, WES certificate as well as my degree certificate and full transcript. I was thinking, play it safe, merge all of them into one PDF and upload all documents or is this making it worse?

I was thinking, WES certificate first page, degree certificate second and then WES letter followed by transcript after, so they have everything to view. Thoughts?

Cheers
If you're talking about your EE profile then you only need to upload exactly what they tell you. The only reason to upload anything extra is if you can't get hold of the paperwork they want and that isn't an option with the ECA anyway.
Old May 24th 2018, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

If you're talking about your EE profile then you only need to upload exactly what they tell you. The only reason to upload anything extra is if you can't get hold of the paperwork they want and that isn't an option with the ECA anyway.

So this is what they ask for, I think a certificate and WES certificate should suffice?

You must provide proof that you completed your post-secondary education. Examples of proof of education include a diploma and/or degree. Examples of post-secondary education are:

Trade/apprenticeship
  • Training in a specific trade, such as carpentry or auto mechanics;
  • Training in a profession that requires formal education but not at the university level (for example, dental technician or engineering technician); or
  • Training not at the university level for which a certificate/diploma is awarded.
Bachelor's degree
  • This is an academic degree awarded by a college or university to those who completed an undergraduate curriculum (also called a baccalaureate). Example: a Bachelor of Arts, Science or Education.
Master's degree
  • This is an academic degree awarded by a graduate school of a college or university.
Ph.D.
  • This is the highest university degree, usually based on at least three years of graduate studies and a thesis. Normally, you must have completed a Master's degree before a Ph.D. can be earned.

Also, thank you sooo much for saying that, it sounds so obvious to read what they are asking, but im not going to lie, I didnt do it and just was trying to figure out what i should upload on my own lol!
Old May 24th 2018, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Just because it's been done professionally doesn't mean they won't reject it for no reason at all, despite their own rules.

I was asked for photos twice (so, three in total along with the one I first sent). My first photo was done professionally. My second photo was redone by the same people (who kindly didn't charge me since their product had apparently been rejected). My third photo, I figured I'd see if they meant it, and included a spare copy of the first photo. It was duly stuck to my COPR and is now on my PR card.

You might not want to risk being petulant like I did, but it shows that photos are rejected when the literal exact same photo is accepted later as part of the same app
Old May 24th 2018, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
Just because it's been done professionally doesn't mean they won't reject it for no reason at all, despite their own rules.

I was asked for photos twice (so, three in total along with the one I first sent). My first photo was done professionally. My second photo was redone by the same people (who kindly didn't charge me since their product had apparently been rejected). My third photo, I figured I'd see if they meant it, and included a spare copy of the first photo. It was duly stuck to my COPR and is now on my PR card.

You might not want to risk being petulant like I did, but it shows that photos are rejected when the literal exact same photo is accepted later as part of the same app
Oh bloody hell that sounds awful! At least you got it in the end!

A question regarding bank statements for the last 6 months, what are peoples thoughts on a printed black and white copy by my bank thats stamped or the original colour PDF version without a stamp?

Cheers
Old May 24th 2018, 4:07 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Oh bloody hell that sounds awful! At least you got it in the end!

A question regarding bank statements for the last 6 months, what are peoples thoughts on a printed black and white copy by my bank thats stamped or the original colour PDF version without a stamp?

Cheers
Get the stamped one. Whether or not it's in colour won't matter one bit. Being stamped makes it an official document.

Some UK banks now provide stamped statements through a kiosk in the branch.
Old May 24th 2018, 4:10 pm
Sidecar Falcon

So this is what they ask for, I think a certificate and WES certificate should suffice?

You must provide proof that you completed your post-secondary education. Examples of proof of education include a diploma and/or degree. Examples of post-secondary education are:

Trade/apprenticeship
  • Training in a specific trade, such as carpentry or auto mechanics;
  • Training in a profession that requires formal education but not at the university level (for example, dental technician or engineering technician); or
  • Training not at the university level for which a certificate/diploma is awarded.
Bachelor's degree
  • This is an academic degree awarded by a college or university to those who completed an undergraduate curriculum (also called a baccalaureate). Example: a Bachelor of Arts, Science or Education.
Master's degree
  • This is an academic degree awarded by a graduate school of a college or university.
Ph.D.
  • This is the highest university degree, usually based on at least three years of graduate studies and a thesis. Normally, you must have completed a Master's degree before a Ph.D. can be earned.

Also, thank you sooo much for saying that, it sounds so obvious to read what they are asking, but im not going to lie, I didnt do it and just was trying to figure out what i should upload on my own lol!
If you're going to do this application on your own then you're going to need to just read the guides and then try to offer what they want as best as you can. You only need to worry or go beyond when you can't provide exactly what they want. For example, getting the standard bank letter can be near on impossible in the UK. This is also when an LoE comes into play.

Don't forget that you're just a case file number to them really. Their job is just to make sure that your profile ticks all the right boxes.
Old May 24th 2018, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Get the stamped one. Whether or not it's in colour won't matter one bit. Being stamped makes it an official document.

Some UK banks now provide stamped statements through a kiosk in the branch.
Opted for this one thanks!
Old May 24th 2018, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

If you're going to do this application on your own then you're going to need to just read the guides and then try to offer what they want as best as you can. You only need to worry or go beyond when you can't provide exactly what they want. For example, getting the standard bank letter can be near on impossible in the UK. This is also when an LoE comes into play.

Don't forget that you're just a case file number to them really. Their job is just to make sure that your profile ticks all the right boxes.

yeah 100% thats the best way, I was wondering if anyone else had done it previously and been accepted.

I know that WES send the document to the IRCC directly so i guess it makes sense to upload the certificate so they have a reference number to check their records as well.
Old May 24th 2018, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

jimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond repute

yeah 100% thats the best way, I was wondering if anyone else had done it previously and been accepted.

I know that WES send the document to the IRCC directly so i guess it makes sense to upload the certificate so they have a reference number to check their records as well.
Don't think I can check back on ours now, but pretty sure when we put on what education we had, there was a dropdown to say has it been verified, and you can then enter certificate numbers, like you do with IELTS. I don't think we uploaded anything WES related due to this, but obviously cannot hurt to include it with your education certificate upload if you want to play it safe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.