Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

My Employers getting impatient about my wait?

My Employers getting impatient about my wait?

Old Mar 20th 2007, 3:28 am
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough
Default My Employers getting impatient about my wait?

Hi there has anyone had same probs of employers waiting for you in canada start to get annoyed about time wise. When they offered me the job they were under impression it would take max 6months to get me there. It is now 6months since application. I have told them have had medicals and am just waiting to hear from them but they want to know more. I dont have any more I can say to them until I know more.

I am getting very stressed about it all and hope it all works out soon. Anyone else going though same thing?
Old Mar 20th 2007, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Employers getting impatient about my wait?

Originally Posted by liquidsuite
Hi there has anyone had same probs of employers waiting for you in canada start to get annoyed about time wise. When they offered me the job they were under impression it would take max 6months to get me there. It is now 6months since application. I have told them have had medicals and am just waiting to hear from them but they want to know more. I dont have any more I can say to them until I know more.

I am getting very stressed about it all and hope it all works out soon. Anyone else going though same thing?
Sorry to hear that you are still waiting Liquidsuite. We were in a diff situation as Phil didnt need a med so he applied at POE for WP.

Best of luck and hope everything works out for you.

Gaynor
x
Old Mar 20th 2007, 4:19 am
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Gayner,
Just gonner sit tight and hope it all works out soon. I really hope in next weeks will get Passport request which will be great. Just hope nothing odd happens and things go wrong. Just hoping my future employers dont lose patience as well.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Gayner,
Just gonner sit tight and hope it all works out soon. I really hope in next weeks will get Passport request which will be great. Just hope nothing odd happens and things go wrong. Just hoping my future employers dont lose patience as well.
Do the employers not have a way of getting in touch and seeing what is happening ? Tangram is in the same boat too
Old Mar 20th 2007, 4:36 am
Your goto Realtor

No they have no way to find out apart from via me. It would be nice if CIC could let them know of things but it does not work like that. I had my medicals in December when I got 90 day letter. I even got my CAIPS file which tell me more. It shows I passed medical so no probs there. 90 days is up so would have thought something will happen now one way or another.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

donwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant future

Your employers should be more patient as it is their govt. that creates the slow process. I understand your frustration as we are in a similar position. My employers gave me a year to get PR as they felt that PR was essential for the permanent job offer. Well they have back tracked as the London Office slowly processed the application. Now I await my TWP to get me in as we have decided that the PR would not arrive in the time frame. Hopefully we will be there in time for July.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:31 pm
Your goto Realtor

I guess they thought I would be out there within 6months so anything over is more then they hoped. Also when I get the answer it will take me a month to sort everything out before I fly out. I am hopefull to be out there by the summer but I dont know. I just hope I am not waiting til end of year which would be so long away.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

I guess they thought I would be out there within 6months so anything over is more then they hoped. Also when I get the answer it will take me a month to sort everything out before I fly out. I am hopefull to be out there by the summer but I dont know. I just hope I am not waiting til end of year which would be so long away.
Could you not have applied for a work permit? perhaps that is why they thought you could be out there quicker?
Old Mar 21st 2007, 2:31 am
Your goto Realtor

No they knew it was a AEO and how long it would take. I think it just thats there not enough info about how long left til I get there which is why they are frustrated. I told them I dont know how long it will be but they think I should know how long left. Wish CIC online checking thing was updated propery so people can check accurate prograss. CIC should hire more tech people to update the online check thing.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

donwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant future

They should really have a separate department that deals with people who have confirmed HRSDC AEO letters. The employers want you there yesterday, most of us are quite keen to get there and the CIC people just plod along. Pretty frustrating!!!!
Hopefully you will get things through on time. My start dates have moved along progressively, 1 March, 1 April and now I think I will just make it 1 July and hope that everything is in place by then. Planning is just a nightmare when you cannot see the progress.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

snoopymccrew is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi liquidsuite - I feel your frustration. I'm following your case with interest as I am on similar course and I hope that things are resolved well for you very soon. It's a stressful process, without a doubt.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:05 pm
Your goto Realtor

yes very stressfull but just hanging on in there like many others on this website and hope for the best. Goodluck with yuour application and everyone else in same boat