My Echocardiogram....the result

Old Dec 17th 2009, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice
Default Re: My Echocardiogram....the result

Hi,

I'm in Alverstoke in Gosport....... small world eh?

Binty
Old Dec 17th 2009, 4:55 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi
Thanks
Where in Hampshire are you from....I am from a little village called Stubbington, which is near Lee-on-Solent on the coast
lol
Stef
I used to live in Titchfield..then Portchester before moving to Fareham..
Old Dec 17th 2009, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Wow small world. Born Portsmouth lived in Fareham then Stubbington now Peterborough...soon (hopefully ) to be in Windsor Ontario
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by Binty
Hi,

I'm in Alverstoke in Gosport....... small world eh?

Binty
Old Dec 17th 2009, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Used to ride my horse all over Titchfield and Abshot...
lol Stef

]I used to live in Titchfield..then Portchester before moving to Fareham..[/QUOTE]
Old Dec 17th 2009, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

An update

Went to see my GP, he has no real concerns and gave me the reports needed by the DMP....just so I could send them off special delivery. Nice surprise that the DMP office phoned me this afternoon to see when they could expect the reports.....which was nice...and unexpected.
I told her they would be there special delivery by 1pm tomorrow and she said that the doctor would look at them and then get them straight back in the post to CHC......just hoping that she nows signs me off as okay to go!:fingerscrossed :
lol
Stef

Hi all

As some of you will know, the medicals found that I have an irregular pulse and a heart murmur so I was sent for an Echocardiogram. My GP also did full bloods and an ECG both of which were normal.

Had the Echo......Consultant said that I have a slight leakage in my Aortic valve and that it was not serious and he would not want to see me for a couple of years

So anyone who has had a similar finding.....please can you let me know if CHC thought this was okay....Panicking?....who me?....YEP
Thanks
Stef
Old Dec 17th 2009, 5:35 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

My hubby was born in Portsmouth...I was born in Bristol...we now live in MA..USA..we lived in one of the old farm houses at the top of West Street in Titchfield..and down by the Castle in Portchester..
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

spencerbear is a jewel in the roughspencerbear is a jewel in the roughspencerbear is a jewel in the roughspencerbear is a jewel in the rough

Hi Stef,

Sorry to hear you found out about your Aortic valve leakage. I had leakage of my Mitral valve discovered by accident by my GP and 18 months later I had it fixed. I then had medicals for skilled worker immigration and I had to have extra tests to show that my valve had been repaired and I had trace leakage through the valve and they were happy with that. The one important thing though was that our DMP said that I had to get a letter from my surgeon to state the likelyhood of the need for a re-operation within the next 5 years. It was stated that it would be less than 2% chance and again, they must have been happy with that as they granted us our visas and we are now living in Barrie as PRs.

The important thing will be the likelyhood of you needing an operation on your valve over the next five years and if they think you will not need one, you'll be fine.

Hope everything works out for you,

Andrew
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Andrew
The Cardiologist said that if I was his patient he would not want to see me for a couple of years, then it would just be to monitor....no sniff of any operation needed as he said the heart is pumping well....so no treatment needed ...just a little back flush? .....so keeping everything crossed. Thanks for sharing your experience with me.
Have a good Christmas
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by spencerbear
Hi Stef,

Sorry to hear you found out about your Aortic valve leakage. I had leakage of my Mitral valve discovered by accident by my GP and 18 months later I had it fixed. I then had medicals for skilled worker immigration and I had to have extra tests to show that my valve had been repaired and I had trace leakage through the valve and they were happy with that. The one important thing though was that our DMP said that I had to get a letter from my surgeon to state the likelyhood of the need for a re-operation within the next 5 years. It was stated that it would be less than 2% chance and again, they must have been happy with that as they granted us our visas and we are now living in Barrie as PRs.

The important thing will be the likelyhood of you needing an operation on your valve over the next five years and if they think you will not need one, you'll be fine.

Hope everything works out for you,

Andrew

Last edited by lins and Stef McLachlan; Dec 17th 2009 at 9:41 pm. Reason: typo
Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Thanks
Where in Hampshire are you from....I am from a little village called Stubbington, which is near Lee-on-Solent on the coast
lol
Stef
OMgoodness Stef i was brought up there, by the boat club, ( lee on solent ) remember when the tower was there my Gran lived until a couple of years ago in Stubbington i still have family there, what a small world
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wow

small world eh? Yes know the boat clubs.......one at hill head and one at Lee on Solent. Browndown camp.... and I also lived in Rowner married quarters for a while.
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
OMgoodness Stef i was brought up there, by the boat club, ( lee on solent ) remember when the tower was there my Gran lived until a couple of years ago in Stubbington i still have family there, what a small world
Old Dec 19th 2009, 12:20 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow small world. Born Portsmouth lived in Fareham then Stubbington now Peterborough...soon (hopefully ) to be in Windsor Ontario
lol
Stef
More the merrier

Hope it all turns out ok...
Old Dec 19th 2009, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi
Thank you.......
So you are in Windsor too? We are headed for LaSalle where we have a group of friends too. How long have you been there?
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by G77
More the merrier

Hope it all turns out ok...
Old Dec 20th 2009, 7:59 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Thank you.......
So you are in Windsor too? We are headed for LaSalle where we have a group of friends too. How long have you been there?
lol
Stef
Yep - we're renting in South Windsor at the moment, been here since September last year. We like Lasalle too, we're going to look to buy around there when we have PR and have managed to sell our house in the UK.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Hi all

As some of you will know, the medicals found that I have an irregular pulse and a heart murmur so I was sent for an Echocardiogram. My GP also did full bloods and an ECG both of which were normal.

Had the Echo......Consultant said that I have a slight leakage in my Aortic valve and that it was not serious and he would not want to see me for a couple of years

So anyone who has had a similar finding.....please can you let me know if CHC thought this was okay....Panicking?....who me?....YEP
Thanks
Stef

Hi Hope all goes well for you.

We have a simular situation in that our daughter(12) had an echocardiogram done this year when GP discovered heart mumur. Consultant said she has a slight pulmonary incompetence!( A small leak in pulmonary artery).

He signed her off and said should not be a problema and to go away and not worry about it.

My concern is do we declare this at medicals, when we get to that stage, or wait for them to discover it and hope they don't. We have letters from consultant saying it's not a problem that requires treatment, just not sure best way to handle it!

Any advice gratefully recieved,

Tracy
Old Dec 21st 2009, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Tracy
My advice would be to take the reports with you, as when they listen, chances are they will hear it and then will ask for an Echo and further investigations....it may help cut down on your wait if the DMP can sign this off straight away. I do think they were pleased to get doctors reports for both of us, which gave our history over the past 10 years.....but i didn't know I had another problem....so that prompted the Echo for me....it was a huge shock.
Good luck
Stef

Originally Posted by tracys
Hi Hope all goes well for you.

We have a simular situation in that our daughter(12) had an echocardiogram done this year when GP discovered heart mumur. Consultant said she has a slight pulmonary incompetence!( A small leak in pulmonary artery).

He signed her off and said should not be a problema and to go away and not worry about it.

My concern is do we declare this at medicals, when we get to that stage, or wait for them to discover it and hope they don't. We have letters from consultant saying it's not a problem that requires treatment, just not sure best way to handle it!

Any advice gratefully recieved,

Tracy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.