Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

My Dream came True--We Got the PPR !!!

Wikiposts

My Dream came True--We Got the PPR !!!

Old Dec 31st 2005, 1:23 am
hnr
Just Joined

hnr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Dream came True--We Got the PPR !!!

We are over come with joy, I just can’t stop jumping and being so happy!!!
Received the most valuable Brown Packet today. Have already sent the PP to London!!!

Question: What is the procedure for goods to follow, and where do we get (download) the forms from??
Old Dec 31st 2005, 1:36 am
Lost again

john fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: My Dream came True--We Got the PPR !!!

Originally Posted by hnr
Received the most valuable Brown Packet today. Have already sent the PP to London!!!

Question: What is the procedure for goods to follow, and where do we get (download) the forms from??
You lucky lucky b*****rd........... congratulations.

Have a look around this site.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/eservices/bis/bis107-e.html
Old Dec 31st 2005, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

tmccorm3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulation - another one in before the close of the year. London are going to be busy processing all of these requests.

Have a Happy 2006, I'm sure it will be better now

Tony
Old Dec 31st 2005, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

jcexit will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tmccorm3
Congratulation - another one in before the close of the year. London are going to be busy processing all of these requests.

Have a Happy 2006, I'm sure it will be better now
Tony
Congratulations!
Now you have another excuse for celebrating tonight.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 4:43 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

congratualtions, and Happy New Year. go to Revenue Canada's website, and you can download forms "B4 " from there.
remember that they want a very detailed list now, as we were told on arrival a couple of weeks ago. They gave us a letter, which was a bit late for us as stuff was shipped, however I had already done this. You need to write the item, serial number if applicable, and replacement cost in can $ for each thing . Then provide total for all goods shipped.
eg, Sony Computer Serial no: 00000001 value $1800
Box of ladies clothes 40 items value $300
Kitchen ustensils, 50 items value $200

do this for everything, we missed three items serial numbers as husband built one computer and I forgot about 2 other, and she said these would not be allowed in until customs had opened the box and checked they we used!! she was a dragon though!! She did not actually know her facts correctly as we have since found.
Also a freind of ours was told her mattreses would not be allowed!!!! After a trip to customs office after arrival she went to find out if this was true. Apparently mattresses from UK are OK to bring in, They will refuse from some other countries though.
Also take other photos with you. Wear dark clothing! They did not like photos we gave to CIC to put on landing papers, and made us have others done at airport! So it may save time. Experience at Vancouver was not nice for us or our friends who landed. We got third degree from customs for no reason and they lost the dog too!!

Originally Posted by hnr

Old Dec 31st 2005, 5:19 am
RJH
Forum Regular

RJH is on a distinguished road

Many congratulations, It's a great feeling!. Good luck for 2006, It'll be interesting to see when we get our passports back (sent mine 24/12/05).

Just a quick question of my own, if you don't have any goods to follow what form(s) so you need to itemised / declare the goods you have with you. Also, does anyone know how to set up / apply to the medicare system and if you need to have private medical insurance initially until it comes through?. Can you set this up before you go (Thinking of going to Halifax,NS).

Thanks and happy new year.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats
Old Dec 31st 2005, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. Happy landing.

SAW04
Old Dec 31st 2005, 7:00 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic !!!

Go do the PR happy dance, the waiting game is over

Canada is waiting.

Rich
Old Dec 31st 2005, 9:49 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

On revenue Canada site they have two forms one is the goods you have on you and one goods to follow. If you have no goods to follow just fill in the one form. Again you need to itemise what you have and value They did not ask for proof of funds despite taking bank statements etc.
, also currency has to be declared on landing. Not sure about insuranec for NS we are in Bc and had to have private for 3 months then send forms in after landing for BC medical sevices.
DO remember if you have one way flights you are not insured under any insurance issued in UK. Travel insurance has to start and finish in UK.
I ended up using Canadasure for my outward travel insurance, 3 months insurance in BC including winter sports ( this is not usually covered unless at a premium with most insurers. ) it is not cheap but we know people who had a bad ski accident on arrival and medical bills wen through the roof!!!!

T
Originally Posted by RJH
Many congratulations, It's a great feeling!. Good luck for 2006, It'll be interesting to see when we get our passports back (sent mine 24/12/05).

Just a quick question of my own, if you don't have any goods to follow what form(s) so you need to itemised / declare the goods you have with you. Also, does anyone know how to set up / apply to the medicare system and if you need to have private medical insurance initially until it comes through?. Can you set this up before you go (Thinking of going to Halifax,NS).

Thanks and happy new year.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 3:42 pm
We make IT happening

aat147 will become famous soon enoughaat147 will become famous soon enough

Congratulation !!!! So your among those who did within this year. Happy landing and new year.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 6:49 pm
RJH
Forum Regular

RJH is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gooding
On revenue Canada site they have two forms one is the goods you have on you and one goods to follow. If you have no goods to follow just fill in the one form. Again you need to itemise what you have and value They did not ask for proof of funds despite taking bank statements etc.
, also currency has to be declared on landing. Not sure about insuranec for NS we are in Bc and had to have private for 3 months then send forms in after landing for BC medical sevices.
DO remember if you have one way flights you are not insured under any insurance issued in UK. Travel insurance has to start and finish in UK.
I ended up using Canadasure for my outward travel insurance, 3 months insurance in BC including winter sports ( this is not usually covered unless at a premium with most insurers. ) it is not cheap but we know people who had a bad ski accident on arrival and medical bills wen through the roof!!!!

T
Many thanks gooding. I'm just getting all the information together about what to do when you land. I did read in a book that in order to sign up for medicare system you have to register with the ministry of health (blue section of phone book). Hopefully this is usefull for other people like me who are just waiting to recieve their passport(s) and visa(s) back.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 11:13 pm
hnr
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gooding
congratualtions, and Happy New Year. go to Revenue Canada's website, and you can download forms "B4 " from there.
remember that they want a very detailed list now, as we were told on arrival a couple of weeks ago. They gave us a letter, which was a bit late for us as stuff was shipped, however I had already done this. You need to write the item, serial number if applicable, and replacement cost in can $ for each thing . Then provide total for all goods shipped.
eg, Sony Computer Serial no: 00000001 value $1800
Box of ladies clothes 40 items value $300
Kitchen ustensils, 50 items value $200

do this for everything, we missed three items serial numbers as husband built one computer and I forgot about 2 other, and she said these would not be allowed in until customs had opened the box and checked they we used!! she was a dragon though!! She did not actually know her facts correctly as we have since found.
Also a freind of ours was told her mattreses would not be allowed!!!! After a trip to customs office after arrival she went to find out if this was true. Apparently mattresses from UK are OK to bring in, They will refuse from some other countries though.
Also take other photos with you. Wear dark clothing! They did not like photos we gave to CIC to put on landing papers, and made us have others done at airport! So it may save time. Experience at Vancouver was not nice for us or our friends who landed. We got third degree from customs for no reason and they lost the dog too!!

Many thanks Gooding . Its been a great help and shall be asking for more till we land . shall start packing once the pp are back from London. We are moving to Calgary and are in the process of looking for a good school for the little one. and then House.etc.....etc.....
Old Dec 31st 2005, 11:14 pm
hnr
Just Joined

Originally Posted by john fisher
You lucky lucky b*****rd........... congratulations.

Have a look around this site.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/eservices/bis/bis107-e.html

Thanks a ton mate... are reading the forms as I reply.....................
Old Dec 31st 2005, 11:54 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hnr

Congratulations. Bet that makes 2006 the best year ever!!!!!!

Hope you haven't got too big a hangover

All the best for your new life in Canada

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.