Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Be my Document checkers .. please (TWP at POE)

Be my Document checkers .. please (TWP at POE)

Old Nov 2nd 2008, 9:03 pm
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all
Default Be my Document checkers .. please (TWP at POE)

Hello.

I thought I should harness the power of the Crowd!
I am going to hop over to Toronto and apply for a TWP at the port of entry.
Here are the documents I am taking, let me know what is missing:
  • Original Job Offer signed by employer
  • Actual Job Contract signed by employer
  • Original LMO (not here yet)
  • Legalised copy of my Austrian Degree translated to English
  • Original Degree in German
  • Slightly out of date Police Checks
  • Five letters of reference from five prior employers
  • A print out of my CV (resume)
  • Originals of supporting certifications for my job (CSM, CSP, CSC).

The letters of reference were written to support my application for this job.
I am a bit unhappy that I have to take the original of my parchment, it is an important document to me and I do not like th eidea of carrying it around with me. I guess I still have to take it, even though they will only look at the translated copy?

Thank you.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:02 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Be my Document checkers .. please (TWP at POE)

We had all that and the only thing they asked for at the airport was the LMO and our passports

Good to have them just incase, but i think all they need to see is the LMO number that they put in there system
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 8:01 pm
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all
Default Re: Be my Document checkers .. please (TWP at POE)

Thank you. I think I am getting way too paranoid. If five letters do not prove that I am suitable for the job and the 5 months of gruelling interviews what else could :P

I will simply show them the documents on a need to see basis. If they want to see the original Magister certificate they can see theframed version

Now I have to handhold them into writing the LMO right with their immigration lawyers