Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

My arrival at Vancouver *VVVVVBS*~

My arrival at Vancouver *VVVVVBS*~

Old Feb 19th 2005, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Smile My arrival at Vancouver *VVVVVBS*~

HELLO, i guess you can tell i am all smiles.
Firstly before i post my experience, i would like to ask that everyone keep in mind that it is different for each person when entering Canada, as is validated by this experience compared to my last arrival in BC.

Plane landed 8.35am. I alighted and with passport in hand passed through the first check point. I then proceeded to Customs.
Vancouver Airport was not busy and it appeared we were the only plane to have landed at that time.

Approached customs. waited in line a couple of minutes, was called up >

Which country are you from.?
Australia.
Passport and immigration card?
Handed them over.
Purpose of your trip?
To visit with my fiance,and then we are going to get married and then explore applying for PR.
When did you guys meet?
Last year.
Have you been to Canada before?
Yes, last year for one month. And then he came to Australia.
Oh- so he has been to Australia aswell. (more of a comment than a question)
Have you had a 6 months stay in Canada before?
No
(she writes a few notes on the card hands it to me.)
Enjoy your stay
I smiled and replied ' I will. Thankyou'

She then directed me to pass through.

I walked over to get a cart for my luggage. A porter asked if i needed assistance.
'No thankyou, i'll be fine' ..............(beaming- of course) LOL
I then proceed towards the luggage carousel.

A customs man approached me.
Do you have your travel documents.?
Yes i do ( handed over passport and immigration card)
What do you do for employment?
I am a freelance driver- I work for airport transport in Australia. A shuttle service.
Do you have your own bus?
No...(and as replying he comments uh huh you work for a company.?
yes.
What is your purpose of being in Canada?
I am here to visit my fiance, marry and then explore applying for PR.

he wrote on the immigration card and handed back my documents.
He then made some insignificant referance about my luggage (can't remember exactly what ..might have been something like.. collect your luggage and exit over through the gates (pointing)

I handed immigration card over to Customs officer at exit point.

And that was it...i walked out at 9.10am.

I was calm and relaxed. I was not scared or fearful. I was filled with anticipation. However i had nothing to fear, I arrived with honest intent and the good wishes of many people from around the world. *VBS*~@you all.
All in all, was a very positive experience. However i do re-interate to keep in mind each experience is different.

I hope this brings confidence and helps those of you who are taking this path.

After 3 days of traveling i am very tired and waited till i was feeling better till i posted this. *VBS*~ If i remember anything i will post it in this thread, but i am sure i have it covered.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 6:05 am
whm
Forum Regular

whm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant future
Default Re: My arrival at Vancouver *VVVVVBS*~

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
Firstly before i post my experience, i would like to ask that everyone keep in mind that it is different for each person when entering Canada, as is validated by this experience compared to my last arrival in BC.

Plane landed 8.35am. I alighted and with passport in hand passed through the first check point. I then proceeded to Customs.
Vancouver Airport was not busy and it appeared we were the only plane to have landed at that time.

Australia.
Handed them over.
Purpose of your trip?
To visit with my fiance,and then we are going to get married and then explore applying for PR.
When did you guys meet?
Last year.
No
Enjoy your stay

I walked over to get a cart for my luggage. A porter asked if i needed assistance.

I am a freelance driver- I work for airport transport in Australia. A shuttle service.
yes.

He then made some insignificant referance about my luggage (can't remember exactly what ..might have been something like.. collect your luggage and exit over through the gates (pointing)

I was calm and relaxed. I was not scared or fearful. I was filled with anticipation. However i had nothing to fear, I arrived with honest intent and the good wishes of many people from around the world. *VBS*~@you all.
All in all, was a very positive experience. However i do re-interate to keep in mind each experience is different.

After 3 days of traveling i am very tired and waited till i was feeling better till i posted this. *VBS*~ If i remember anything i will post it in this thread, but i am sure i have it covered.
Well.

What can I say except YAHOOOOOO!! Congratulations, Maple Leaf, a million times over. Yes, of course your post brings much confidence - thank you for your words of caution, but you know what??? This news is TERRIFIC!!!

More later...

whm
Old Feb 19th 2005, 6:55 am
Happy Canadian PR

ozinca will become famous soon enoughozinca will become famous soon enough

That is fantastic news Maple Leaf, welcome to Canada. You definitely did the right thing by being totally open and honest at Passport Control. I am so pleased for you and now, when you apply for PR inland, you have nothing to hide and your profile with Immigration will corelate with what you said at Port of Entry.

Enjoy the tail end of the winter and keep us all posted.

Best wishes,
Ozinca
Old Feb 19th 2005, 7:54 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: My arrival at Vancouver *VVVVVBS*~

You little beauty!!! It looks like it was all too easy!
Old Feb 19th 2005, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Jonny is an unknown quantity at this point

HELLO, i guess you can tell i am all smiles...

Great news. Welcome to Vancouver... It must have been you that brought the weather with you...

By the way, there's something quite satisfying about changing your profile to read "Location: Vancouver", try it and see

Last edited by Jonny; Feb 19th 2005 at 11:52 am.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

Congratulations! I am heading there too, but probs in 1-2 years.
didik

Australia.
Handed them over.
Purpose of your trip?
When did you guys meet?
Last year.
No
Enjoy your stay

yes.

Old Feb 19th 2005, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by whm
Well.

What can I say except YAHOOOOOO!! Congratulations, Maple Leaf, a million times over. Yes, of course your post brings much confidence - thank you for your words of caution, but you know what??? This news is TERRIFIC!!!

More later...

whm
Thanks dear friend *VBS*~ it is Terrific. I spent 6 hrs at Vancouver airport before flying to the Okanagan Region. I met some lovely people and already have a new freind who has invited me to lunch once i am settled (we met at the terminal and she lives where i am now)*S*
Today i went shopping and WOW i am so impressed with how cheap organic foods are. Much cheaper than back in Australia. I do not eat red meat and rarely eat white meat or fish, i love organic foods but back in Australia i would pay four times more (at least) than what i did today *VBS*~
Tomorrow i make carrot and ginger soup, and blueberry muffins for the kids school lunches.....i just love the bulk produce section of the supermarket!!! And the funny thing is i met a young man in his early twenties coming here on a years working visa and the first thing he said he wanted to do was go to a supermarket as he had heard how great they are..LOL..i thought i was the only supermarket nutter
Old Feb 19th 2005, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks everyone *VBS and thanks to Jim and Andrew who have definently helped me get this far along*~

PS ....*mhhp*..where are you.. ...i want to share my good news with you *VVVVBS*~
Old Feb 19th 2005, 8:48 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Thanks everyone *VBS and thanks to Jim and Andrew who have definently helped me get this far along*~

PS ....*mhhp*..where are you.. ...i want to share my good news with you *VVVVBS*~
Here I am , Been verry busy checking e-client and travelling for work, so have had very little time for the forum. barely managet to finish the countdown, but I would not miss that*VBG*. Great to read this. I am very happy for you. Going to miss your excited anticipation. How are the snow angles working out.

Old Feb 19th 2005, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mhhp
Here I am , Been verry busy checking e-client and travelling for work, so have had very little time for the forum. barely managet to finish the countdown, but I would not miss that*VBG*. Great to read this. I am very happy for you. Going to miss your excited anticipation. How are the snow angles working out.

hahahaa oh never fear.....where i am concerned there is always excitement around. At the moment i am into the supermarket...LOL...cannot wait to go shopping again..... ...also....like WOW> the new immigration minister has changed the law regarding Spouse visa process......and it happened to be on the day i arrived! That my dear friend is no coincidence. .is a synchronicity of the highest order *S* Goddess is guiding me and i feel her power! The light is shining brightly.
No snow angels. is barely any snow where i am. Is just clumped up on the side of driveways etc. Tomorrow i am taking some photos of the Garden and yard so i have some comparisons for the Spring and Summer. As nature here is fast asleep but will soon be blooming. *S*

ooops better not hold you up much longer...you will want to get to the E! CLIENT! click.....
Old Feb 19th 2005, 9:21 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

hahahaa oh never fear.....where i am concerned there is always excitement around. At the moment i am into the supermarket...LOL...cannot wait to go shopping again..... ...also....like WOW> the new immigration minister has changed the law regarding Spouse visa process......and it happened to be on the day i arrived! That my dear friend is no coincidence. .is a synchronicity of the highest order *S* Goddess is guiding me and i feel her power! The light is shining brightly.
No snow angels. is barely any snow where i am. Is just clumped up on the side of driveways etc. Tomorrow i am taking some photos of the Garden and yard so i have some comparisons for the Spring and Summer. As nature here is fast asleep but will soon be blooming. *S*

ooops better not hold you up much longer...you will want to get to the E! CLIENT! click.....
Canada beware.....

......you are heading towards turbulent times

*so are we looking at a new constitution on the day you get citizenship??*
Old Feb 19th 2005, 9:27 pm
keep checking....

Originally Posted by mhhp
Canada beware.....

......you are heading towards turbulent times

*so are we looking at a new constitution on the day you get citizenship??*

Also if you change your Britishexpats profile Location from Australia to now in BC Canada, like Jonny suggested, does that mean Oz-land will drop off the map :scared:
Old Feb 19th 2005, 11:45 pm
whm
Forum Regular

whm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant future

Goodness, yes, don't hold the poor fellow up.

Re. the new law...I wish you folks would all hurry up and sort it out and explain it to me...my brain is so full of *stuff* to think about I'm not sure if it can take any more.

Can't wait to get to *in process* days so I have nothing much else to do!!

whm
Old Feb 20th 2005, 1:08 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Great news!!!! So glad you made it without fuss. I hope you will be very happy and that you keep us updated of your impending marriage!!!!!
Old Feb 20th 2005, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by whm
Goodness, yes, don't hold the poor fellow up.

Re. the new law...I wish you folks would all hurry up and sort it out and explain it to me...my brain is so full of *stuff* to think about I'm not sure if it can take any more.

Can't wait to get to *in process* days so I have nothing much else to do!!

whm
Hello, i have sent you a PM regarding the new process as i was rabbling on a bit and didn't want to clog everyones ears up here

So many things to learn....I am going to be picking your brains *S*...for instance...do you make your own bread in a bread machine....? and do you think it is cheaper to do it that way..? i prefer home cooked foods and been wondering on the costs of such things. Thanks~

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.