my "AGENTS" advice

Old Aug 4th 2013, 2:27 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my "AGENTS" advice

Originally Posted by Aviator
Not sure what you mean. One does not go and obtain a 'Red seal endorsement'.

If your trade is a 'Red seal endorsed' trade and you pass the provincial exam, you have a provincial certification with a 'Red Seal' endorsement by default, you can then practice your trade in all participating provinces. Not all trades are Red Seal endorsed, so those that are not, you cannot get a Red Seal endorsement, e.g. Horticulture - Landscape is endorsed, Horticulture - Production is not.

Red Seal is operated by the participating provinces and sets a commonly agreed inter-provincial standard, this however is not a stand alone qualification. One can take the exam in BC for example and if they pass, can work in ON under the same certification without resitting the exam, there is a process to go through, but it is not too arduous.
Sorry, perhaps I didn't explain myself very well.

I am not disputing what you are saying.

I agree that once PR is obtained you could go and work in another Province without too much difficulty, but for the FSW Trades Stream without a job offer it is a requirement to have Provincial Certification from the Province you are proposing to live in, at time of application.

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 4th 2013 at 2:30 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 2:34 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my "AGENTS" advice

Originally Posted by siouxie
for Provinces that are not participating, you would need to obtain the Provincial Certification as a Red Seal endorsement would not be recognised.
We're at crossed purposes. Every tradesman who is certified would get a provincial certification, this is the certification. A trade that is a recognised Red Seal, the endorsement is an add on. At the very least every certified tradesman would has the provincial qualification.