my "AGENTS" advice

Old Aug 2nd 2013, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

george82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of light
Default my "AGENTS" advice

so basically after some research on here and emailling agents i have been told there is no way into canada for me as a plumber/gas engineer. Uless i sit the red seal exam. although the agent says this is still silly i should use them and over a period of 18 months they will help me get employment ie supply me with a database of potential employers. really seems to me that they dont really do much for there fee of 3k heres a list of ppl to call and heres a new cv for you. im still shocked they didnt advise me to go and sit the relevant exams for my field. anyone else been told this by an agent
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my "AGENTS" advice

There are lots of agent stories like that. Which is not to say they are all bad!
Do you need to use an agent? You can get a lot of advice and info here from people who have been through it
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

george82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of light

I knowi can get advice ect is more because I'm self employedi was hoping to just get an easyer time of it but from what I read I still need to fill everything out
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

I think they "just" point you in the right direction...
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 2:01 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by george82
I knowi can get advice ect is more because I'm self employedi was hoping to just get an easyer time of it but from what I read I still need to fill everything out
You will have to do an IELTS test as well.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

so basically after some research on here and emailling agents i have been told there is no way into canada for me as a plumber/gas engineer. Uless i sit the red seal exam. although the agent says this is still silly i should use them and over a period of 18 months they will help me get employment ie supply me with a database of potential employers. really seems to me that they dont really do much for there fee of 3k heres a list of ppl to call and heres a new cv for you. im still shocked they didnt advise me to go and sit the relevant exams for my field. anyone else been told this by an agent
IELTS test will be a must... plumber certification is not in all Provinces. You usually get better paid with a Red Seal certificate or provincial journey man certificate...but for example in Manitoba it is not a must to have in order to work in plumbing. Mind you, you will need to work under someone for the first while, just simply because things are different and just because you have done it 20 years one way...doesn't mean it is the right way how it is done here. Have to be ready to adapt... and yes, there are some ways for you through some of the Provincial Nominee Programs...although doors seem little by little to close..so if that is something you are serious about, don't wait!
Old Aug 4th 2013, 6:40 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manitobain
You usually get better paid with a Red Seal certificate or provincial journey man certificate
These are not two separate qualifications, Red Seal is not a stand alone certification or qualification, it is an interprovincial endorsement of the provincial certification. Everyone takes the provincial exam and where it is a Red Seal trade, they have a Red Seal endorsement, which make the qualification portable between participating provinces.

Provincial certification is in all provinces.
www.red-seal.ca/[email protected]?tid=181
Old Aug 4th 2013, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Aviator
These are not two separate qualifications, Red Seal is not a stand alone certification or qualification, it is an interprovincial endorsement of the provincial certification. Everyone takes the provincial exam and where it is a Red Seal trade, they have a Red Seal endorsement, which make the qualification portable between participating provinces.

Provincial certification is in all provinces.
www.red-seal.ca/[email protected]?tid=181
Ah thx for the enlightenment . Still the same principal though... You are not obliged to have it in MB in order to work as a plumber as of now
Old Aug 4th 2013, 7:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

So you'd be happy taking your family over on a Temp Work Permit and don't want the security of Permanent Residency any more? Seems a bit daft just to avoid the Red Seal exam tbh, especially as you'd usually have to do it anyway.

And btw, it's illegal for the 'agent' to charge you anything to help you to find a job, which is what it sounds like they're doing.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:38 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

If you could get a permanent full time job offer then you could apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Trade program. You either have to have a job offer OR certification in your trade for the Province you are going to live in - you are not required to have both.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...plications.asp

Another alternative would be one of the Provincial Nominee Programs, some of them require a job offer, some do not.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp

You could also look into having your 'served time' recognised and challenge the certification. http://www.itabc.ca/program/plumber (this one is BC but a quick google.ca search will bring others up) Manitoba: http://www.gov.mb.ca/tce/apprent/ski...ging_exam.html

If you go to the redseal website they have links to each Provincial Trades website, once you open each website look for or put in "challenge certification"

You can challenge even if you are self employed, provided you have the required documentation.

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 4th 2013 at 8:49 am.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the input need to dig deeper again
Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the input need to dig deeper again
Yep! The bottom line is that there is no way to quickly/easily move to Canada, on any visa. Trying to avoid the Red Seal seems a bit pointless when it's only one of several hoops that you'll have to jump through, so you may as well just do it.

Even if you went over on a TWP (which has a possibility of not needing the Red Seal, although for most provinces you would), then you've still got to find an employer prepared to go through the paperwork/cost/hassle of hiring you, the wait for the LMO, etc, and of course it will still cost tens of thousands.

No shortcuts I'm afraid, but if it's what you really want (do visit first!) then it will be worth it despite the hassles.

Good luck.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by siouxie
OR certification in your trade for the Province you are going to live in - you are not required to have both.
You don't really have to do that if the trade is Red seal endorsed, one could challenge the bC exam with the ITA, end up in another province for some reason and the certification is still valid.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 8:54 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
You don't really have to do that if the trade is Red seal endorsed, one could challenge the bC exam with the ITA, end up in another province for some reason and the certification is still valid.
For the Trades stream it appears that you do need this, unfortunately, unless you have obtained a Redseal endorsement for your qualification.

If you read the application form, it is quite specific.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...mm0008_11e.pdf
Attached Thumbnails my "AGENTS" advice-trades.jpg  
Old Aug 4th 2013, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by siouxie
For the Trades stream it appears that you do need this, unfortunately, unless you have obtained a Redseal endorsement for your qualification.

If you read the application form, it is quite specific.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...mm0008_11e.pdf
Not sure what you mean. One does not go and obtain a 'Red seal endorsement'.

If your trade is a 'Red seal endorsed' trade and you pass the provincial exam, you have a provincial certification with a 'Red Seal' endorsement by default, you can then practice your trade in all participating provinces. Not all trades are Red Seal endorsed, so those that are not, you cannot get a Red Seal endorsement, e.g. Horticulture - Landscape is endorsed, Horticulture - Production is not.

Red Seal is operated by the participating provinces and sets a commonly agreed inter-provincial standard, this however is not a stand alone qualification. One can take the exam in BC for example and if they pass, can work in ON under the same certification without resitting the exam, there is a process to go through, but it is not too arduous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.