My Agent Freakout

Old Oct 10th 2004, 6:24 am
Just Joined

eila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My Agent Freakout

www.csic-scci.ca

Check : Rules of professional conduct
Professional misconduct

I don't know exactly how you engaged to this contract, but you may wanna find out all the rules immigration Consultants are supposed to abide.
They must be part of CSIC to represent you.

...."stating or implying an ability to influence improperly a government agency or official, or engaging in conduct that is prejudicial to the administration of justice"...
NO NO NO

see also Competence and Quality of Service

" The quality of an immigration Conssultant's work reflects on the entire profession. While minor errors and omissions do not constitute professional misconduct, a pattern of shoddy work or unprofessional habits may amount to professional misconduct".

....consultant should keep Client reasonably informed...

...I.C. will accept only assignments for which he or she is qualified, and in which it is believed there may be real benefits to the Client.

...It is generally improper for an immigration consultant to withold from the Cleint immigration documents or other valuable property held on behalf of the Client as collateral for an unpaid debt...

Look to : Withdrawal from representation

And : An immigration consultant is subject to the disciplinary authority of the Society...

The reason behind this profession to become regulated by CSIC was to protect Clients, and I am sure any reputable Consultant would make these facts available for their Clients prior engaging in business with them.

You need to consider whether your representative was misleading you in any way or did you get all the correct info necessary to your case.

I guess your rep must be a member of CSIC or he should not be accepted by CIC to represent you.

Being rude to you does not sound like proper customer service. They could have checked your CAIPS to give you at least a date when CIC plans to bring it forward.
You can do it yourself too : www.caips.ca

If they do threaten you then you should contact CSIC for advise.

I hope it all gets resolved.

Cheers

Originally Posted by Bluegrass
Hello,

I think I have a big problem with a representative whom I recently engaged in the middle of my case as a PR applicant through their representative in my country. However, I wanted to cancel their service because almost one year has passed and nothing happened as they promised me - to let me know about my interview date, and application status.
Every time I ask them about any news, they get mad at me and reply with rude phrases. The last letter they told me that nothing they can don, and to make me upset they told me you must accept the fact that you you might be refused after this very long waiting.
I had it and asked their representative to cancel their service. Surprisingly, he said that they are working on my case, and he cannot tell them to stop; and when I got the visa I have to pay the rest of their charges.
Is this true that I cannot cancel my rep.? What if I write to the visa office about that and told them to send any correspondence to my address?
Please help me what to do?

Thanks.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 9:38 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

it's USELESS and FOOLISH to engage someone especially in the middle of a case.
Am I fool?
My guess is 'yes'.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

amina is an unknown quantity at this point

You may think that am too is biased but accusing others of defending your agent is not only absurd but also uncalled for. Dude, a contract isn't like a food that you can swallow then spit out easilily if you don't like the taste. Also how can you be so sure that your agent is "useless"? Your application would not reach CIC if not for your agent's efforts. For now, your agent may be effortless simply because your application is no longer under their control; it is with CIC. Also, they don't have the hypnotic power to control the mind of the visa officers just to expedite your application. My application is almost 4 years old now and I have my own agent- can you beat that?

Now you are defending them! I have nothing against my representative, but I want to terminate the contract because I found it's USELESS and FOOLISH to engage someone especially in the middle of a case. And if they can do nothing for my application, how come they can affect it negatively and cause a delay in its progress?
The CIC site clearly states that I can end someone's service, and it's my application in the end. Regarding fee paying, why should I pay too much for nothing? Am I fool? By the way I can sue them in court. Believe me they do not have the nerve to do anything stuipid.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Bluegrass is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: My Agent Freakout

What is wrong with you guys? Cannot you understand the problem I have?
I already paid them the first part of their very expensive charges: $5000
They do nothing as they promised me, and almost one year and they say nothing we can do. Why the hell didn't they say it from the beginning?
They don't even answer me hounstly and and sometimes impolitely.
Therefore, I decided to break the contract. I don't want my money back, but I don't want to pay the rest when visa comes while they are group of Liar Asians/Indians, I'm not sure.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 11:31 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

They do nothing as they promised me, and almost one year and they say nothing we can do. Why the hell didn't they say it from the beginning?
Therefore, I decided to break the contract. I don't want my money back, but I don't want to pay the rest when visa comes while they are group of Liar Asians/Indians, I'm not sure.
If they have made representations to you that they will be able to speed up the processing of your application then you have a case. I would write a complaint to CSIC with what evidence you have and try to resolve the matter there.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Jonny is an unknown quantity at this point

1. I understand the problem. You're a fool to pay anyone $5000 to fill in some forms for you...

2. One year is not long to wait for a PR application and you can see that on the CIC website if you bothered to look...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...menu-perm.html

3. Sounds like they have filled in your forms and submitted them to CIC, that's their end of the agreement completed and that's all they can do until CIC decide whether or not to let your sorry ass into the country.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=Bluegrass]Hello,

I think I have a big problem with a representative whom I recently engaged in the middle of my case as a PR applicant through their representative in my

If I'm not mistaking , what Bluegrass is saying ,is that the representative was engaged in the middle of his case. So, after all paperwork was done and application was out of the door. Am I right Bluegrass ?
In that case, it is a hell of a lot of money they charged for peanuts, and Bluegrass might have been naive,but he's in his damn right to argue further payments.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=juliusmaximus]
Hello,

I think I have a big problem with a representative whom I recently engaged in the middle of my case as a PR applicant through their representative in my

If I'm not mistaking , what Bluegrass is saying ,is that the representative was engaged in the middle of his case. So, after all paperwork was done and application was out of the door. Am I right Bluegrass ?
In that case, it is a hell of a lot of money they charged for peanuts, and Bluegrass might have been naive,but he's in his damn right to argue further payments.
If that's true then he needs to be a bit clearer. So Bluegrass, tell us what you actually paid them to do and how you thought paying $5000 would benefit your application? My suspicion is that he is a fool anyway...
Old Oct 11th 2004, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

....I don't want to pay the rest when visa comes while they are group of Liar Asians/Indians, I'm not sure.
Just want to comment on your last bits. Don't you think that it might be your stereotyping/racist view which caused your agent to be tough on you?
Old Oct 11th 2004, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: My Agent Freakout

Let me a bit clearer. I have appointed a representative throuygh an agent in the middle of my case; which means that I prepared and submitted my application long ago by myself. I have been fooled by this agent who convinced me that they can communicate with CHC, and give me the status of my application, and when there will be an interview. I had to pay $1500 as their first part of the total charge which is $3500. The rest will be paid when I get my visa - $2000. Yes, I am fool. I couldn't believe that I will know about my interview date.
Shockingly, they have never been informative to me. Every time I write to them they seem they have done nothing, and they ask very unprofessional questions. They don't even know about CAIPS. Also, when I insisting on ordering CAIPS notes, they said we have neve dealt with it before, and hence we should not pay for it. I ask their agent, and he says every thing is ok but you have to wait for the next month; they checked you eClinet status on CIC and it's in process which means everything is ok.
What's a hard work they are doing, checking my application online!
Then I decided I have to end the contract, which I suspect it's done professionally. I am not even sure if CHC knows about them.
Bytheway, I checked whether they are registred, but they are not. Their name is listed on a site for Quebec, while my application is for Federal states.

Hope thsi help you understand the problem.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

Hmmmm...this confirms my belief that points should be awarded for having a more than minimum IQ level.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 8:28 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

If you hired an agent based outside Canada, agent who is not authorized (not a member of CSIC or Law Society in Canada) then you were ripped off.

Them claiming that they never dealt with CAIPS file simply proves that they are amateurs who have absolutely no idea about anything in respect to immigration process and only discovered that "status" can be checked online and are cashing on it ripping off naive clients.

Let me a bit clearer. I have appointed a representative throuygh an agent in the middle of my case; which means that I prepared and submitted my application long ago by myself. I have been fooled by this agent who convinced me that they can communicate with CHC, and give me the status of my application, and when there will be an interview. I had to pay $1500 as their first part of the total charge which is $3500. The rest will be paid when I get my visa - $2000. Yes, I am fool. I couldn't believe that I will know about my interview date.
Shockingly, they have never been informative to me. Every time I write to them they seem they have done nothing, and they ask very unprofessional questions. They don't even know about CAIPS. Also, when I insisting on ordering CAIPS notes, they said we have neve dealt with it before, and hence we should not pay for it. I ask their agent, and he says every thing is ok but you have to wait for the next month; they checked you eClinet status on CIC and it's in process which means everything is ok.
What's a hard work they are doing, checking my application online!
Then I decided I have to end the contract, which I suspect it's done professionally. I am not even sure if CHC knows about them.
Bytheway, I checked whether they are registred, but they are not. Their name is listed on a site for Quebec, while my application is for Federal states.

Hope thsi help you understand the problem.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: My Agent Freakout

So what am I supposed to do now? Please help me. I post here because I believe many experienced people are willing to help me figure out what to do, not to add to my predicament.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

So what am I supposed to do now? Please help me. I post here because I believe many experienced people are willing to help me figure out what to do, not to add to my predicament.
First of all, don't pay them anything else and secondly, find a (real) lawyer...
Old Oct 12th 2004, 2:28 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Nobody here can give you any solid advice based only on story you are telling us. Lawyer (in the jurisdiction where contract was signed) must take a good look at the contract and tell you what your options are in respect to getting out of that contract.