Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Is it a must to show the exact amount?

Is it a must to show the exact amount?

Old May 5th 2009, 4:01 am
Just Joined

tEmPoTapE is on a distinguished road
Default Is it a must to show the exact amount?

HI,
Do I have to show the CIC officer duing landing the exact required amount of proof of funds which is 16.580 $ as for family of 3 members, or is it possible to show only 15.000 $ as a hard cash in hand? Which it means 1.580 $ less.
Any advice will be appreciated?
Old May 5th 2009, 4:32 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it a must to show the exact amount?

Originally Posted by tEmPoTapE
HI,
Do I have to show the CIC officer duing landing the exact required amount of proof of funds which is 16.580 $ as for family of 3 members, or is it possible to show only 15.000 $ as a hard cash in hand? Which it means 1.580 $ less.
Any advice will be appreciated?
What visa are you arriving on?
Unless you have arranged employment then you'llneed the full amount, but it doesn't have to be cash in hand, a UK bank statement in GBP converted at a reasonable exchange rate is ok.
Old May 5th 2009, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

ensure you have the full amount just in case although if you are a Brit and dont look overly dodgy then 99% unlikley to be asked anyway
Old May 5th 2009, 6:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rob_999
What visa are you arriving on?
Unless you have arranged employment then you'llneed the full amount, but it doesn't have to be cash in hand, a UK bank statement in GBP converted at a reasonable exchange rate is ok.
Landing on PR visa. What confuse me that my Canadian consultant told me it is not necessary to show the full amount in any way added that a "reasonable some is enough"!!!
Old May 5th 2009, 7:07 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tEmPoTapE
Landing on PR visa. What confuse me that my Canadian consultant told me it is not necessary to show the full amount in any way added that a "reasonable some is enough"!!!
I wouldnt take that as gospel CIC have quoted exact sums for a reason, I wouldnt risk it
Old May 5th 2009, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Proof of funds must be unencumbered monies. London accepts equity during the initial application but not for proof of funds at the time of landing