Wikiposts

Mum in tow!!

Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

beccaj has a brilliant futurebeccaj has a brilliant futurebeccaj has a brilliant futurebeccaj has a brilliant futurebeccaj has a brilliant futurebeccaj has a brilliant future
Default Mum in tow!!

Hi all

I have tried to find an answer to this, but can't find one so was wondering if anybody could help.

at the mo my mum lives with us, she does not work but has her own money to support herself.

Would we be able to apply for her to come with us as a dependent or, would we have to wait until we received PR and then get her to apply ???

Any help would be gratefully received!!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mum in tow!!

Your Mum would be too old to be treated as a dependant. You would have to try and sponsor her after you got your PR and it would be a very long wait after this. She could potentially come over as a visitor for up to six months a time but would not be able to stay.

Try this link for further info.

Last edited by britsnake; Jan 16th 2008 at 7:35 am. Reason: Link added
Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

beccaj has a brilliant futurebeccaj has a brilliant futurebeccaj has a brilliant futurebeccaj has a brilliant futurebeccaj has a brilliant futurebeccaj has a brilliant future

thanks for your help. We thought this might be the case. We now have to decide whether to leave her behind or stay with her!!

Never knew this would all be so hard
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:37 am
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beccaj
thanks for your help. We thought this might be the case. We now have to decide whether to leave her behind or stay with her!!

Never knew this would all be so hard
Just get her to keep renewing her visitor Visa whilst parental sponsorship is taking place.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:50 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Leave her behind! What's she ever done for you?
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geo4
Just get her to keep renewing her visitor Visa whilst parental sponsorship is taking place.
That doesn't always work - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504657
Old Jan 17th 2008, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the replys.

If i leave her behind that would leave her with no one in the uk, and if i take her with me its going to take a long time and a lot of paperwork.

This is only the begining for us and already its stressing me out