Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Multiple visas/entry routes avoiding issues etc.

Multiple visas/entry routes avoiding issues etc.

Old Apr 10th 2021, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Multiple visas/entry routes avoiding issues etc.

Hi there, so plenty of you know my back story - outland applicant with a PR application in the works, presumably on hold due to COVID - my situation has pretty rapidly changed and after advice/pointing in the right direction.

So other half landed a job to go with her IEC POE letter and is flying out in a few weeks, I was initially waiting for her to land, and then apply for reunification to get me in the country as a visitor, fly out after tying up some things back home then be prepared to wait out her getting a skilled job/PR being issued before I could work. there's been a deft change in the wording reference being able to apply for authority to fly and go with them rather than wait for them to land, however currently cant apply for it as in the midst of a new passport and police certificate issue which is going to be ongoing for another week or 2, so chances of me accompanying at the same time are practically zero.

I've since heard back from a university I applied to in Vancouver(wasn't my first choice but made sense) but haven't heard back from the first 2 I applied to yet.

So first question would be - is there any issue entering as a visitor under reunification knowing I was likely to get a study permit a few weeks later?

Secondly - given the processing time for an applicant in the UK is 6 weeks, but inside Canada is 17 weeks - and there likely won't be 17 weeks between me landing under reunification and the course starting - how close to course start day does it need to be before I enter? (ideally don't want the other half having to be out there on her own, or me on my own for any longer than is necessary - especially as she may now be going out there to do a job on an IEC visa which isn't required due to my study permit).

Last one - and this is the big one for me, would entering under a student visa cause any issues for my PR being granted - likewise if by some miracle PR came through prior to course start date, would not bothering with university at all and going off to work with my PR visa cause any issues with regards misrepresentation or entering the country under false pretences? I 100% intend to complete a degree at some point in the near future, but if I had PR I would likely choose to do the degree part time alongside work at a different university once I had upskilled to get accepted to my first choice. But in the meantime before PR landed I would take the opportunity to upskill and study if I could, as well as start moving on with life. Just concerned that entering on a study permit,(despite having an alternative way in under reunification) then not studying due to getting PR might be frowned up.

Thanks in advance, and if you need any more info to answer the questions (as its never a simple one with me unfortunately) just let me know.