Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Mr. Miller! your suggestion PLZZZ!!!!!!!

Mr. Miller! your suggestion PLZZZ!!!!!!!

Old Nov 3rd 2007, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

jandl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mr. Miller! your suggestion PLZZZ!!!!!!!

Mr Miller,

We have applied for Canada immigration and recently got PPR now the problem is that my wife's name is AAA and her surname is BBB, but in her passport the surname section is blank and the given name is written altogether as AAA BBB, could it be a problem for getting the PR visa or it should be ok? What you suggest how should we write her name in the sec 2, which is updated information chart (attached with PPR).

Plz advise

Thanks in advance..

JandL
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 7:05 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mr. Miller! your suggestion PLZZZ!!!!!!!

It will not be a problem if you use the visas as is. You could return your wife's visa for correction but that sometimes causes other problems too. Just point out the problem when you are landing and it will be corrected then.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

jandl is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot Jim for your kind suggestion, can your also advice should we write her name in the updated information chart as it is in the passport (surname column blank and write her full name in the given name section) or as it should be (surname in the surname column and first name in the given name section)?

Thanking you in advance.

JandL
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

navk13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
It will not be a problem if you use the visas as is. You could return your wife's visa for correction but that sometimes causes other problems too. Just point out the problem when you are landing and it will be corrected then.
Mr. Andrew & Mr.Jim,

I had a similar problem. In the first page of my passport the name is written as yyyxxx. ( Given name FIRST & SURNAME second )

The DMP pointed out that mistake and then i got it corrected ( endorsed ) from my embassy in the pass port in a seperate page as under :

The name shall be read as under:
Surname : xxx
Given name : yyy

Is this ok?

Now i have send our PP's to London for stamping.

Shall appreciate your answer.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 8:36 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.