Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

For Mr. Miller - RE:"Query about Spousal, in-country PR"

For Mr. Miller - RE:"Query about Spousal, in-country PR"

Old Nov 27th 2005, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

duggjat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default For Mr. Miller - RE:"Query about Spousal, in-country PR"

Mr. Miller
This thread is an extension to query by Snave titled "Query about Spousal, in-country PR" . I browsed the link provided by you regarding the timelines for In-Canada sponsorship (Spouse).
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm....html#perm_res

Now I know that CPC Vergerville has a processing time around 8 months for In-Canada Spouse application. But my question is about note 1 in the same page which states that:
"Not all cases receive “first stage of approval” at CPC Vegreville. Some files may be transferred to a local CIC office. This may add further delays to the overall processing time"

Now the question is, if your application has been transferred to the local case, how long will they take before they notify you of the result. Because I am in such a stage where my case was transferred to local CIC (on september 2, 2005) and I have not listen anything from them. And nor do i have a way to contact them.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks
Old Nov 27th 2005, 3:30 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For Mr. Miller - RE:"Query about Spousal, in-country PR"

First of all - the reported timelines are for 1st stage only, approval in principle. After AIP and final approval each case is transferred to local CIC to schedule "landing" process. Depending from schedule load in particular office at that time it may be just few days or few months between AIP and "landing" process.

But some cases are transferred to local CIC office before AIP, mainly to conduct investigation and/or interview in cases where bona fide of relationship is in doubt - depending from workload in local office, matter to be investigated, need for interview, etc. this part may take anywhere from few months to over a year.

Originally Posted by duggjat
Mr. Miller
This thread is an extension to query by Snave titled "Query about Spousal, in-country PR" . I browsed the link provided by you regarding the timelines for In-Canada sponsorship (Spouse).
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm....html#perm_res

Now I know that CPC Vergerville has a processing time around 8 months for In-Canada Spouse application. But my question is about note 1 in the same page which states that:
"Not all cases receive “first stage of approval” at CPC Vegreville. Some files may be transferred to a local CIC office. This may add further delays to the overall processing time"

Now the question is, if your application has been transferred to the local case, how long will they take before they notify you of the result. Because I am in such a stage where my case was transferred to local CIC (on september 2, 2005) and I have not listen anything from them. And nor do i have a way to contact them.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks