Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Mr Miller/PMM: Change in Parent sponsorship

Mr Miller/PMM: Change in Parent sponsorship

Old Oct 27th 2008, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

tipmaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mr Miller/PMM: Change in Parent sponsorship

Dear Mr Miller/PMM and other experts,

I am sponsoring my parents and two dependent siblings in full time study. By the time CIC sent them the forms overseas, one of my siblings got married no longer a student.

So, only my parents and one siblings who is still in full time study and dependent on my father filled out the forms as accompanying family members.

Now, they sent me a letter asking for additional info on my siblings that no longer qualifies and is not interested in immigrating anymore. I thought that as my father checked my second sibling as non-accompanying in the forms they received last year, Consular services would have understood that sibling is now dropped. Is there a form a should fill out to notify the overseas office of that change, or will an explanation in a letter suffice?

Thank you for your time and advise
Old Oct 27th 2008, 3:29 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mr Miller/PMM: Change in Parent sponsorship

Provide the information now. They may not know that he is now disqualified as a dependent. Sometimes children follow later at some convenient time so they still have to provide medical and other information with their parents' application.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

tipmaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Provide the information now. They may not know that he is now disqualified as a dependent. Sometimes children follow later at some convenient time so they still have to provide medical and other information with their parents' application.
Thank you very much Mr Humphries. I will provide a letter of explanation immediately. But do you still need to provide the consular with documents they have requested recently for this no-longer dependent sibling (marriage certificate, police clearance, proof of full time studies...) even though he is no longer accompanying or dropped off PR application?
Mostly appreciated.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 5:21 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

I do not know what was actually requested but if they wished to see his marriage certificate I would suggest that you supply it with your covering letter of explanation of his status as a married man and no longer a dependent student.