Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Mr Miller, PMM,Biiiiink Help please

Mr Miller, PMM,Biiiiink Help please

Old Jun 30th 2005, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

newapojim is on a distinguished road
Default Mr Miller, PMM,Biiiiink Help please

Hi,

Looking around the forum today I can see many Passport requests for Outside Spousal Applications from the UK.

CIC started processing my app on the 31st May.

I am in the same position, as I received a pacakge from CIC London on the 29th June but all it contained was the 20 or so photos, wedding invites, newspaper cuttings we submitted with our application, and nothing else, no cover note, no letter nothing.

Looking at the other PPR request threads today...could CIC have missed putting a request in mine, as our application started processing before the other ones who now have there passport requests.

My wife is going nuts in Canada, as well as me.. some Advice please.

Thanks
James
Old Jul 1st 2005, 1:45 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mr Miller, PMM,Biiiiink Help please

Originally Posted by newapojim
Hi,

Looking around the forum today I can see many Passport requests for Outside Spousal Applications from the UK.

CIC started processing my app on the 31st May.

I am in the same position, as I received a pacakge from CIC London on the 29th June but all it contained was the 20 or so photos, wedding invites, newspaper cuttings we submitted with our application, and nothing else, no cover note, no letter nothing.

Looking at the other PPR request threads today...could CIC have missed putting a request in mine, as our application started processing before the other ones who now have there passport requests.

My wife is going nuts in Canada, as well as me.. some Advice please.

Thanks
James
Every case is different unfortunately so one cannot generalize about processing times. They are not lock step. You should have received a letter with your documents acknowledging receipt of your application and giving some general information about the process. If there was no letter with the photos etc then write to the visa office and mention that. Alternatively, your wife could apply for the CAIPS record to see what is up. There is also the Eclient service that may indicate something.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Every case is different unfortunately so one cannot generalize about processing times. They are not lock step. You should have received a letter with your documents acknowledging receipt of your application and giving some general information about the process. If there was no letter with the photos etc then write to the visa office and mention that. Alternatively, your wife could apply for the CAIPS record to see what is up. There is also the Eclient service that may indicate something.

Thanks Jim..Have emailed and sent a fax to CIC London saying why only photos included was there meant to be a letter attached etc...but obviously no reply today because of Canada Day....

How long would it take them to reply from a fax or email enquiry. Would they send me an email..or phone call..or mail..?

Regards
James
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:13 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newapojim
Thanks Jim..Have emailed and sent a fax to CIC London saying why only photos included was there meant to be a letter attached etc...but obviously no reply today because of Canada Day....

How long would it take them to reply from a fax or email enquiry. Would they send me an email..or phone call..or mail..?

Regards
James
They allow themselves up to 6 weeks to reply but may have taken action well before that. Immigration tries anyone's patience, sad but true.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:28 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
There is also the Eclient service that may indicate something.

There's hoping and then there's dreaming then there's e-client which is a different planet altogether.

Rich.
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

The London part of our eclient never, ever changed...even when they'd sent Mr B's passport request 2mths previously and hadn't had a reply from us because we never received it. It still said "In Process" until after the visa had been issued.

It does sound weird, but as they never sent us back any personal stuff (only thing we sent was 1 photo, 1 flight stub ticket) I'm not really sure what the usual procedure is.

When I faxed them, I got a reply (phonecall) by lunchtime the next day. They were pretty hot with that. I did have a phone number but unfortunately I'm on a new computer, the old one is trashed, so I can't find it for you. Ask Snape if he still has the one I gave him? Obviously it's not for general public enquiries so you may just get an earful about how you got the number, etc etc.

Don't panic if it was supposed to be a request, you can always just print off the PHEP stuff from the link I posted to Mark-R the other day. That's what we did at CHC's request and all was fine.

Hope you hear something on Monday!

Biiiiink
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
The London part of our eclient never, ever changed...even when they'd sent Mr B's passport request 2mths previously and hadn't had a reply from us because we never received it. It still said "In Process" until after the visa had been issued.

It does sound weird, but as they never sent us back any personal stuff (only thing we sent was 1 photo, 1 flight stub ticket) I'm not really sure what the usual procedure is.

When I faxed them, I got a reply (phonecall) by lunchtime the next day. They were pretty hot with that. I did have a phone number but unfortunately I'm on a new computer, the old one is trashed, so I can't find it for you. Ask Snape if he still has the one I gave him? Obviously it's not for general public enquiries so you may just get an earful about how you got the number, etc etc.

Don't panic if it was supposed to be a request, you can always just print off the PHEP stuff from the link I posted to Mark-R the other day. That's what we did at CHC's request and all was fine.

Hope you hear something on Monday!

Biiiiink
Thanks Biiiiink saw that thread..and printed off PHEPS forms....gonna fill them all in and get photos done....just hope CIC get back to me on Monday.....
Old Jul 1st 2005, 3:01 am
Just Joined

newapojims'wife is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Mr Miller, PMM,Biiiiink Help please

Thanks ever so much for the info Biiiink! This has TRULY been driving my husband and I crazy! Not knowing if they just *forgot* to attach the letter with the returned photos, etc...

I find it HIGHLY strange and unusal that they would absolutely no correspondance what-so-ever. Just return the photos with no note. Extremely odd? So we sit and wait.....as usual....(

This is so hard....my hubbie and I are nearly at our wit's end!!!

But thanks again for you help....let's hope and pray we hear something back on Monday.

newapojim'swife