Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Mr. Miller please your honest answer here, Thanks

Mr. Miller please your honest answer here, Thanks

Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

tsananez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mr. Miller please your honest answer here, Thanks

1.- I have heard that for PR applicants currently living in Canada under different visa status it could be useful to talk with the members of the parliament (MP) of they area. Supposedly, they can help you to obtain very accurate an updated information about your case. In my case I talk with my MP and she told me to contact her back as soon as it was 6 months after I completed my medical exams. She said she could contact the Buffalo Post by then and determine how long it would take until they would issue my PR. What is your opinion/knowledge about this??…Is it true?

2.- I guess you have checked the Buffalo Tracker website created by Yogi. If you analyse the data (of course this is just a sample and not statistics can be applied to it) it is clear that people for India are get they PP Request from 1 to 5 months after completion of their medical. In your opinion / experience, for people like me who are from other countries (my case Venezuela), who have around 75 points, who are currently working in Canada but whose temporary working permits are about to expire, how long would it take for us to get the PR after medical completion (I am positive that my medicals are fine and that I am aware I should have clear police records)…I guess with this question I clearly show my desperation and frustration (like many others in so many different situations)

Thanks again, and sorry for driving you crazy with so many questions…

Last edited by tsananez; Jul 20th 2004 at 4:42 am.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 4:45 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mr. Miller please your honest answer here, Thanks

1. - all what MP can do is to ask CIC and get some answers. usually the answer is - process is pending, we are waiting for security check

2. - each case is unique and there are cases of Indian nationals reporting in this forum who still wait even 12 months after medicals. Number of points and fact that you work in Canada are completely irrelevant when it comes to time needed to complete security check. CSIC (the intelligence and security agency that conducts security check) indicates that in cases not requiring full report security check in average is completed in about 3+ months, but in cases requiring full report it may take 6 to 12+ months. What are the deciding criteria who needs full report and who doesn't is not publicly disclosed (at least I'm not aware of such disclosure).

Originally posted by tsananez
1.- I have heard that for PR applicants currently living in Canada under different visa status it could be useful to talk with the members of the parliament (MP) of they area. Supposedly, they can help you to obtain very accurate an updated information about your case. In my case I talk with my MP and she told me to contact her back as soon as it was 6 months after I completed my medical exams. She said she could contact the Buffalo Post by then and determine how long it would take until they would issue my PR. What is your opinion/knowledge about this??…Is it true?

2.- I guess you have checked the Buffalo Tracker website created by Yogi. If you analyse the data (of course this is just a sample and not statistics can be applied to it) it is clear that people for India are get they PP Request from 1 to 5 months after completion of their medical. In your opinion / experience, for people like me who are from other countries (my case Venezuela), who have around 75 points, who are currently working in Canada but whose temporary working permits are about to expire, how long would it take for us to get the PR after medical completion (I am positive that my medicals are fine and that I am aware I should have clear police records)…I guess with this question I clearly show my desperation and frustration (like many others in so many different situations)

Thanks again, and sorry for driving you crazy with so many questions…