Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

mr miller please advise we have been refused

mr miller please advise we have been refused

Old Sep 14th 2004, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Xylene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: mr miller please advise we have been refused

Originally Posted by amina
I mean no offence here but I guess this case is a typical example of an unripe application forcibly reaped by an unexperienced lawyer for his own financial advantage.
You havnt read the posts. I seems to be a self made application.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

amina is an unknown quantity at this point

xylene,

I don't jump on to topics that I am not aware of but I would probably agree with you in saying that the application is self-made.

Originally Posted by Xylene
You havnt read the posts. I seems to be a self made application.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 12:04 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

I mean no offence here but I guess this case is a typical example of an unripe application forcibly reaped by an unexperienced lawyer for his own financial advantage.
Is there a lawyer involvged? I can't see any mention of one.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 3:01 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Original poster wrote in one of his posts the following:

---------
And a lawyer in Vancouver "siad" that a declaration would be enough as my dad was visiting her at the time. SILLY me for taking his word for it.
---------

So, it seems that at least at some time lawyer was asked for advice and provided very bad one.

Originally Posted by Rhodes
Old Sep 15th 2004, 3:15 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Original poster wrote in one of his posts the following:

---------
And a lawyer in Vancouver "siad" that a declaration would be enough as my dad was visiting her at the time. SILLY me for taking his word for it.
---------

So, it seems that at least at some time lawyer was asked for advice and provided very bad one.
Oh yes. I missed that. That must make it particularly galling for 'need to know'.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Robbie P is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

This is my first posting, although I've been reading through the many threads over the last few weeks on Canadian Immigration and find alot this information very useful.
Andrew Miller, I can see you have built quite a name for yourself and all credit to you for all the people you have helped and advised......

This Birth certificate issue is a common Scenario with people born in Asian, Eastern Euorpean, African and Middle Eastern Countries.

With having no birth certificate I am very surprised how these people have managed to immigrate successfully to Canada and lived amongst Canadian for say 30 to 40 years.

If these people have been living in Canada for say 30 to 40 years, then it would be fair to say their native country especially a thrid world country would no longer have any record of their existence.... I mean record even nows days alot of theses countries don't have adequate records.

What would be the alternatives available?

I may have a problem getting hold of my uncles Birth certificate - he is 65 and India became independent in 1948. He thinks he was born in Pakistan before the partition.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 10:29 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Your uncle must contact Indian Embassy for assistance. Sorry, but without conclusive proof that he is your uncle (brother of one of your parents) and that he lives permanently in Canada you won't get extra 5 points. CIC is quite strict here, especially after so many fraudulent claims submitted by applicants from Subcontinent.

School certificates, notarized declarations, etc. won't work. Only set of birth certificates (one of your parents' and your uncle's birth certificates must show having at least one same parent) will work.

Originally Posted by Robbie P
Hi All,

This is my first posting, although I've been reading through the many threads over the last few weeks on Canadian Immigration and find alot this information very useful.
Andrew Miller, I can see you have built quite a name for yourself and all credit to you for all the people you have helped and advised......

This Birth certificate issue is a common Scenario with people born in Asian, Eastern Euorpean, African and Middle Eastern Countries.

With having no birth certificate I am very surprised how these people have managed to immigrate successfully to Canada and lived amongst Canadian for say 30 to 40 years.

If these people have been living in Canada for say 30 to 40 years, then it would be fair to say their native country especially a thrid world country would no longer have any record of their existence.... I mean record even nows days alot of theses countries don't have adequate records.

What would be the alternatives available?

I may have a problem getting hold of my uncles Birth certificate - he is 65 and India became independent in 1948. He thinks he was born in Pakistan before the partition.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

need to know is an unknown quantity at this point

no lawyers involved, we completed the forms ourselves and used the website as reference. We checked the website for updates which now says that you have another option other than doing the English test if this was on the site in jan 2003 we would not of sat the test but would of given other evidence!

Originally Posted by Rhodes
Old Sep 16th 2004, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

amina is an unknown quantity at this point

Needtoknow,

Can you re-phrase your previous quote,

"We checked the website for updates which now says that you have another option other than doing the English test if this was on the site in jan 2003 we would not of sat the test but would of given other evidence!"

Pardon me if I just couldn't get your thought on this. Thanks

Originally Posted by need to know
no lawyers involved, we completed the forms ourselves and used the website as reference. We checked the website for updates which now says that you have another option other than doing the English test if this was on the site in jan 2003 we would not of sat the test but would of given other evidence!
Old Sep 16th 2004, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

need to know is an unknown quantity at this point

When we orignially sent in our application in jan 2003. The guide lines on the web site only stated that, inorder to prove your english language ability a english test is needed. Hence the reason for siting the test and not sending in conculsive evidence.

Hope this clears the confusion!

Needtoknow,

Can you re-phrase your previous quote,

"We checked the website for updates which now says that you have another option other than doing the English test if this was on the site in jan 2003 we would not of sat the test but would of given other evidence!"

Pardon me if I just couldn't get your thought on this. Thanks