Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Mr. Miller & or other Experts please advice-- URGENT

Wikiposts

Mr. Miller & or other Experts please advice-- URGENT

Old Sep 21st 2008, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

canbun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mr. Miller & or other Experts please advice-- URGENT

I am in a particular situation where i dont know what to do. here is my situation:-

I became a permanent resident in 2005. Landed and got PR card. Immidiately after i have genuine reasons of returning back to my home country as my father who was severly ill and had multiple illnessess needed me as none of my sibblings were in the country. And my parents since they are old needed someone to care for them till the time my father was alrgiht.

Now since everything is fine and i am moving back to Canada day after tomorrow would i have any problems in entering canada. I have substantial evidence that i am moving back to canada which i previously was not able to due to father's severe illness. I have a copy of my resignation acceptance letter from my former employer and other documents proving that i am moving permanently. ,
Can you advice that what could the possible out come be... considering H&C factors etc.

Thank you
Old Sep 21st 2008, 4:27 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mr. Miller & or other Experts please advice-- URGENT

There are no H&C factors when entering Canada. You will be asked how long you were absent and you will have to tell the truth. Examining officer will then decide if you can be admitted to attend the Loss of Status hearing. Only during the Loss of Status hearing you may present your reasons for the absence and try to seek some understanding. But I don't see any H&C grounds - you didn't make Canada your home, you don't have immediate family (spouse, children) living in Canada during your absence, you didn't even try to establish your residence in Canada upon landing.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
There are no H&C factors when entering Canada. You will be asked how long you were absent and you will have to tell the truth. Examining officer will then decide if you can be admitted to attend the Loss of Status hearing. Only during the Loss of Status hearing you may present your reasons for the absence and try to seek some understanding. But I don't see any H&C grounds - you didn't make Canada your home, you don't have immediate family (spouse, children) living in Canada during your absence, you didn't even try to establish your residence in Canada upon landing.
so what should i possibly do.. any suggestions? well i was just going through the manual ENF23 -loss of permanent resident status.. it says that the immigration officer can consider factors like - a cloase family member's medical condition.
furthermore, i understand that i did not stay in canada initially for the first three year period out of my five year period, but considering H&C factors and my definite intention to move back permanently now do i make a case?...
Also, please advice if your law firm can help me in this case?
Old Sep 21st 2008, 4:59 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canbun
Also, please advice if your law firm can help me in this case?
If you want to avail yourself of Andrew Miller's services, it would be more appropriate to contact him privately. His British Expats signature has a link to his website which, in turn, has his contact details. You also can send him a private message through British Expats. To do that, click on his User Name in the top left hand corner of one of this posts, and you will be taken to another screen.
x
Old Sep 21st 2008, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
If you want to avail yourself of Andrew Miller's services, it would be more appropriate to contact him privately. His British Expats signature has a link to his website which, in turn, has his contact details. You also can send him a private message through British Expats. To do that, click on his User Name in the top left hand corner of one of this posts, and you will be taken to another screen.
x
oh ok.. sorry didnt notice that.. sorry about that..

Thanks
Old Sep 21st 2008, 5:03 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canbun
sorry didnt notice that.. sorry about that..
No problem. This website is confusing when you are new.

Good luck in sorting out your dilemma.
x
Old Sep 21st 2008, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
No problem. This website is confusing when you are new.

Good luck in sorting out your dilemma.
x
thanks.. btw what are your thoughts on this ?