Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Mr. Miller, Mr. Jim, & All experts, Out of status now, PLEASE HELP!

Wikiposts

Mr. Miller, Mr. Jim, & All experts, Out of status now, PLEASE HELP!

Old Feb 21st 2005, 3:24 pm
Mission Accomplished !

bubbleface will become famous soon enoughbubbleface will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Mr. Miller, Mr. Jim, & All experts, Out of status now, PLEASE HELP!

Hi Mr. Miller, Mr. Jim & All the experts,

I have been reading this forum for a while and thanks for sharing all the great information with everyone! I am now in a sitation that I really need your experts' help.

I graduated from a Canadian university and started working as a full-time employee under Post Graduate program. My Post Graduate work permit expired at the beginning of Feb 2005. My company was willing to apply for the work permit for me. Thus I filed my application for work permit under "Information Technology Workers" section before the Post graduated WP was expired.

In the meanwhile, I am living with my common-law sponse, who is currently working on a sponsal work permit. We applied PR for Canada as skill worker last year and he was the principle applicant. We got interview wavier and are going for Medical examanation soon.

Unfortunately, my new work permit didn't get approved. I called CIC call center and was notified that the application has been refused.

Now we have been stayed in Canada without any permits for almost a month. I know we could apply for restoration to remain in Canada, but we are not too sure if this will affect our PR application.

Experts, could you please help us? We want to find a way to at least remain in Canada while waiting for PR, and do not want this work permit applicaion refusal has any negative impact on our PR application.

PLEASE HELP US!!! Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

BF

Last edited by bubbleface; Feb 21st 2005 at 4:44 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 5:02 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mr. Miller, Mr. Jim, & All experts, Out of status now, PLEASE HELP!

Hi.

Originally Posted by bubbleface
Hi Mr. Miller, Mr. Jim & All the experts,

I have been reading this forum for a while and thanks for sharing all the great information with everyone! I am now in a sitation that I really need your experts' help.

I graduated from a Canadian university and started working as a full-time employee under Post Graduate program. My Post Graduate work permit expired at the beginning of Feb 2005. My company was willing to apply for the work permit for me. Thus I filed my application for work permit under "Information Technology Workers" section before the Post graduated WP was expired.

In the meanwhile, I am living with my common-law sponse, who is currently working on a sponsal work permit. We applied PR for Canada as skill worker last year and he was the principle applicant. We got interview wavier and are going for Medical examanation soon.

Unfortunately, my new work permit didn't get approved. I called CIC call center and was notified that the application has been refused.

Now we have been stayed in Canada without any permits for almost a month. I know we could apply for restoration to remain in Canada, but we are not too sure if this will affect our PR application.

Experts, could you please help us? We want to find a way to at least remain in Canada while waiting for PR, and do not want this work permit applicaion refusal has any negative impact on our PR application.

PLEASE HELP US!!! Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

BF
You really only have two choices, apply for restoration as a visitor or leave Canada before you are reported under the Immigration Act. The refusal of the work permit will not have a negative effect, but if you have continued to work, that will.

PMM

PMM
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 12:19 am
Mission Accomplished !

bubbleface will become famous soon enoughbubbleface will become famous soon enough

Thanks PMM!

On CIC web, I found out that if I apply for Restoration, I will be commited to offence.

"You may wish to complete an application to apply for restoration of temporary resident status and for a new work permit. There is no guarantee that your application will be accepted. On your application you must provide full details of all the facts and circumstances that resulted in you committing the offence."

Will this impact my PR application if I apply for visitor visa restoration?

Also, if I leave Canada, will buffalo still process my PR as usual (assuming my mailing adress doesn't change). Or will they transfer the files to my common-law partner's home country visa office??

Thanks again!!!

BF
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 4:14 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bubbleface
Thanks PMM!

On CIC web, I found out that if I apply for Restoration, I will be commited to offence.

"You may wish to complete an application to apply for restoration of temporary resident status and for a new work permit. There is no guarantee that your application will be accepted. On your application you must provide full details of all the facts and circumstances that resulted in you committing the offence."

Will this impact my PR application if I apply for visitor visa restoration?

Also, if I leave Canada, will buffalo still process my PR as usual (assuming my mailing adress doesn't change). Or will they transfer the files to my common-law partner's home country visa office??

Thanks again!!!

BF
i dont think that it would affect ur PR if u apply for visitor visa restoration! on the other hand, if u leave canada, buffalo will keep processing it until u ask for its transfer to ur partner's home country, which would obviously delay it! BUT, the cache is that if u r called fr an interview, u will have to get the US visa and travel to US for the intreview! ur choice....
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 5:23 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by amancharan
i dont think that it would affect ur PR if u apply for visitor visa restoration! on the other hand, if u leave canada, buffalo will keep processing it until u ask for its transfer to ur partner's home country, which would obviously delay it! BUT, the cache is that if u r called fr an interview, u will have to get the US visa and travel to US for the intreview! ur choice....
Buffalo doesn't transfer files. (I have heard of one being transferred)

PMM
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 12:22 pm
Mission Accomplished !

Thanks PMM & amancharan for the answers! Now I feel a bit better.

Just wondering how long do they usually issue a visitor visa restoration ? 3 months or 6 months or maybe 1 year?

Thanks, appreciate your great help!

BF.