Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Mr Miller, Mr Andrews or Mr Humphries - pls advise.

Mr Miller, Mr Andrews or Mr Humphries - pls advise.

Old Mar 1st 2005, 12:16 am
Lyles

Default Mr Miller, Mr Andrews or Mr Humphries - pls advise.

NEW EMPLOYER & MARRIED SINCE AOR!
Hello all,

Can you confirm if I do need to send in copies of my marriage certificate and references from new employers if my application process commenced at least a year ago at the London office? Both my husband and I have new employers and were married months after the application was filed. If so, do I need to get our Spanish Marriage Cert notarised and translated? We were married in Mexico.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Leila

PS. I know MHHP and Firefox gave me some good feedback already - many thanks!!!! Just want to avoid the extra cost if its not absolutely required. Had my German birth certificate translated and notarised and its not cheap!

Last edited by Lyles; Mar 1st 2005 at 12:19 am. Reason: trying to work out how to use the bold in the title - still can't do it!!!

Old Mar 1st 2005, 1:27 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mr Miller, Mr Andrews or Mr Humphries - pls advise.

Originally Posted by Lyles
NEW EMPLOYER & MARRIED SINCE AOR!
Hello all,

Can you confirm if I do need to send in copies of my marriage certificate and references from new employers if my application process commenced at least a year ago at the London office? Both my husband and I have new employers and were married months after the application was filed. If so, do I need to get our Spanish Marriage Cert notarised and translated? We were married in Mexico.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Leila

PS. I know MHHP and Firefox gave me some good feedback already - many thanks!!!! Just want to avoid the extra cost if its not absolutely required. Had my German birth certificate translated and notarised and its not cheap!
You certainly do have to send in a copy of your marriage certificate with a certified translation into English. London does not normally require originals or certified copies but may ask for them later. I would send a certified true copy to be sure. So: certified true copy with certified translation. You do not need to update them about your new jobs at this point but they may well ask for new reference letters later in the process. That can wait.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 1:58 am
Lyles

Hello Jim,

Thanks for your advice. I've been searching for a solicitor and translation agency, but no joy so far. All have been provided by the Law Society. The translation agencies I've called can't certify and the solicitors can't translate. But I will keep looking. I know they're out there.

However, I have one question. I had to have my German birth certificate notarised and a few of the companies I've spoken to, although not familiar with immigration, have all asked whether I actually need the marriage certificate notarised. Is a certification sufficient?

Thanks again,

Leila

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You certainly do have to send in a copy of your marriage certificate with a certified translation into English. London does not normally require originals or certified copies but may ask for them later. I would send a certified true copy to be sure. So: certified true copy with certified translation. You do not need to update them about your new jobs at this point but they may well ask for new reference letters later in the process. That can wait.

Old Mar 4th 2005, 2:01 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Jim,

Thanks for your advice. I've been searching for a solicitor and translation agency, but no joy so far. All have been provided by the Law Society. The translation agencies I've called can't certify and the solicitors can't translate. But I will keep looking. I know they're out there.

However, I have one question. I had to have my German birth certificate notarised and a few of the companies I've spoken to, although not familiar with immigration, have all asked whether I actually need the marriage certificate notarised. Is a certification sufficient?

Thanks again,

Leila
Go to a notary and ask them to make a copy of the original and then certify the copy as "true". Then go to a professional translation service and ask them to translate the copy and stamp it that it is a proper translation to the best of their ability. They have stamps for that, both of them.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 4:15 am
Lyles

Thanks. Found a translation agency that can do all versions - certifications, notarisations, affidavits etc.

I guess I would just need to send the copies to the visa office and quote my file number. Or would I need to ask them for specific forms and include these?

Thanks again, Jim.

Leila
Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Go to a notary and ask them to make a copy of the original and then certify the copy as "true". Then go to a professional translation service and ask them to translate the copy and stamp it that it is a proper translation to the best of their ability. They have stamps for that, both of them.

Old Mar 4th 2005, 4:20 am

Thanks. Found a translation agency that can do all versions - certifications, notarisations, affidavits etc.

I guess I would just need to send the copies to the visa office and quote my file number. Or would I need to ask them for specific forms and include these?

Thanks again, Jim.

Leila
Send them in with your file number and an explanatory letter.