Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Mr Miller a moment of your time please.

Wikiposts

Mr Miller a moment of your time please.

Old Aug 29th 2007, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Bhoya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mr Miller a moment of your time please.

Dear Mr Miller,

I am new to this site (Bhoya's wife actually) and I just want to say how nice it is to sit and read this site and see all the help and advice that you give to people for free. You seem to answer everyones query and I am sure you are very busy in your everyday working life.

We have applied to live in Canada through the skilled workers visa but to be honest I am not sure if we will get in as over here everyone says how difficult it is to get into Canada and to make matters worse I am a History teacher, which every country in the world seems to have an abundance of! Tell me this if you could, what do you think of the skilled workers visa? I do not mind the fact that we have to wait 4+ years as we need to get a few things sorted anyway, but is there a successful application percentage or anything like that?

Anyway, thank you (and everyone else to replies) for providing answers and info to make this site great for people like us wanting to move to Canada!

Sincerely

Carrie T
Old Aug 29th 2007, 12:47 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mr Miller a moment of your time please.

If you don't have Canadian spouse/partner or kids who could sponsor you, then applying in Skilled Workers (including PNP and Quebec) or Business class is the only way to immigrate to Canada permanently, if approved of course.

About 50% of applicants are refused - some because they overestimated their qualifications, but most because they didn't present a solid and conclusive case, despite having qualifications. They simply didn't prove in any conclusive way having those qualifications. Some are also refused regardless proving that they have qualifications and scoring more than enough points if officer makes a substitute evaluation and in his/her opinion applicant has low chances for success in Canada.

I can't tell you anything beyond that as I don't know your case and haven't seen any evidence.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Bhoya is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for that.

I have read your posts to others I to be honest although we want to come to Canada and contribute to society I won't hold my breath.

It is so strange that people can come to Britain saying that they want to make a better life for themselves and work and can come but it seems so difficult for us honest hard working Brits to do the same.

Anyway, thank you for your time!

Carrie
Old Aug 29th 2007, 9:09 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

No such thing in UK either my friend. People who want to immigrate to UK must qualify as well - the willingness to move is not enough.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

grthespark is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
No such thing in UK either my friend. People who want to immigrate to UK must qualify as well - the willingness to move is not enough.
Hi Mr Miller,

I have read quite a few of your replies over the Months & you always seem to "Hit the nail on the head" so to speak.

However I can see where Bhoya is coming from with regards to people coming to the UK.

Believe me Mr Miller when I tell you we have people coming into the UK in the droves, with no intention whatsoever of working legally.

They come here to abuse the riddicuolous benefits system & free health care we have in place that was funded mainly by the Pensioners of this country who paid most of their lives into the system.

Most of them now have to wait for years for Hip replacements due the system being at bursting point. My Wife works for the NHS & I can assure you that the system is overloaded, & the staff are doing the work equal to Three of them for the pay of One!

The system NHS system is failing because the Goverment has allowed all kinds of Tom, Dick, & Harry in to the country & the process for entering the Uk is no way as strict as it is trying to get to Canada.

Basically like most people on here they want out of the UK because of this
situation & to seek a better life elsewhere for themselves & their children.

When you consider nearly 400,000. people left the UK last year & bare in mind these were not your Hoodies, Murderers, Rapists, Drug-dealers.

These were your Tradespeople, Doctors, Lawyers, Teachers, etc etc.. basically the back bone of the country, imagine the Tax revenue loss to this goverment to a already over stretched country!

Its a fact that the good people of this country are now waking up & fleeing for new horizons, whilst now they are slowly closing the gate on the people coming in, but this is now 10 years to late!

So Mr Miller the desire to come here for what you can recieve is very much in the criminal mind, & get away with.

Because of their good old "Human Rights" they wonder into the UK following family already settled here, they are then introduced the slick brief who then pleads their case, or an even quicker route is to lie on the Tarmac at the airport & claim good old Political Asylum!

Let me ask you Mr Miller, do you think this would work for me if I did this at Calgary Airport? After all it would certainly be the quickest route in history I would think!

Time for a Beer

Cheers all

Gary
Old Aug 30th 2007, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

rena is on a distinguished road

my husband is an immigration officer in the UK and it's a myth that anyone can turn up here and get benefits etc. people who claim asylum are now routinely detained until a decision on their case is reached and access to benefits is non-existent.The UK system is probably far tougher than Canada's,and when we went to the USA this year the immigration officer said that the British system was much tougher than America's. No-one can now just turn up to Britain and expect to be allowed to work without either a prior visa or work permit.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:21 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by grthespark

Basically like most people on here they want out of the UK because of this
situation & to seek a better life elsewhere for themselves & their children.
Actually, I left the UK to escape bigots like you. I sincerely hope they don't let you into Canada.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rena
my husband is an immigration officer in the UK and it's a myth that anyone can turn up here and get benefits etc. people who claim asylum are now routinely detained until a decision on their case is reached and access to benefits is non-existent.The UK system is probably far tougher than Canada's,and when we went to the USA this year the immigration officer said that the British system was much tougher than America's. No-one can now just turn up to Britain and expect to be allowed to work without either a prior visa or work permit.
Hi Rena,

Well that's kind of reasuring. However I can literally introduce your Husband to people who are living, & working here on the Black! & have no intention whatsoever of going legal!

Like I said it may be the case now! But its 10 years to late! Also having travelled to the US many many times since 911 & Prior I can assure you the US is one ordeal to gain residence! Especially after 911..

Last week I travelled from Canada into Montana at Cheif Mountain. Just get through for Two days was a major issue in itself let alone applying for Immigration!

Also read the papers, & I dont mean the usual Tabloid trash! Its full of stories about people who have entered here & on benefits & have never worked since they arrived! For instance My sister in-law is a District Nurse she on a daily basis now has to work in pairs! Why!

Because her vehicle was broken into outside a house where she was attending to a Foreign Nationals ailments, The interpreter at the house pointed out to my Sisiter in law that the car was broken into. Turned out this was for Drugs stored in the boot of the vehicle!

Correct me if I'm wrong! But I think you will find before your application for Canada is even entertained, you have to speak clear English or French.

Whereas again you know as well as I do there are people here that can't even utter a word of English, So that makes them un-employable! Yet they are allowed to live here with no contribution whatsoever & just be kept by the over-taxed Uk worker..

I'm not against Immigrants coming to the UK to work and for a better life, but surely elts make sure they can at least speak English before they arrive so they can at least keep themselves & contribute!

Also keep in mind that with attending to Patients the growing need for interpreters, there was an article in the papaer only last week relating to this about again about the costs runining into Millions of pounds a year!

Again all on the NHS!

Smell the Coffee Please!

Gary
Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rena

Thats right and you were correct to say no one can now turn up. But i am sure this has not always been the case. I have first hand experience of non english speaking immigrants claiming benefits having never worked in this country. This went on for years. I am so glad it is no longer the case!
Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bazzz
Actually, I left the UK to escape bigots like you. I sincerely hope they don't let you into Canada.
Hello Bazz,

I'm surprised you left. The doo-gooders normally hide! Read the next post I'm in favour of Immigrants but surely they have to pay there way or at least speak English!

Lol Biggot! Well I have never been called that before! Bazz I suggest you read it carefully you might then understand what I have said is no more than Truth & Fact!

Wonder why you left the country? Lol
Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:39 am

Hi Rena,

Also read the papers, & I dont mean the usual Tabloid trash! Its full of stories about people who have entered here & on benefits & have never worked since they arrived!
Oh really? I've not seen a lot of this in the Guardian. Perhaps you could provide us with some links to these quality publications.

It's interesting that you use the term "doo gooder" (sic) in a pejorative sense. What's so awful about doing good? Your own command of the English language seems fairly poor, so I hardly think you're in any position to criticise others.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zippadydoda
Thats right and you were correct to say no one can now turn up. But i am sure this has not always been the case. I have first hand experience of non english speaking immigrants claiming benefits having never worked in this country. This went on for years. I am so glad it is no longer the case!
Well said Zip

At least you are not afraid to speak up Zip! Bazz thinks because you do that you are a biggot.

What he needs to do is read what I have said carefully! Once more just for you Bazz "I dont have a problem with people coming here to the UK. But surely they have to speak the language to be employed & get a job to support themselves!

Its easy for you to just shout Biggot from a distance when you no longer give support! Again I wonder why you left?

Well said Zip we stating no more than what the National Newspapers are saying & like I said not the Tabs!

Bazz (Bless him)
Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

Oh really? I've not seen a lot of this in the Guardian. Perhaps you could provide us with some links to these quality publications.

It's interesting that you use the term "doo gooder" (sic) in a pejorative sense. What's so awful about doing good? Your own command of the English language seems fairly poor, so I hardly think you're in any position to criticise others.
Again just for you!

The term Too-Gooder was the expression used by the Papers journalist! I'm just merely repeating what they said! Also again just for you!

What I have said is fact & the truth! I also noticed how you did not address the vital points of the thread! Why? Because they are true and you know it.

As you have now stooped so low as to make it personal, although I can't think what you are referring too.

I suggest you go back to your Guardian & let it go, I have obviously hit a sore point at some stage in your life! I wonder!

The paper in question for your information was "The Times" I suggest you trawl the net for it 2 weeks ago or so.. I have better things to do with my time than argue with someone who cannot hold a debate without resorting to a personal attack.

Thank God you did bugger off to Canada, probably did us all a favour..

I notice how you didnt' address why you Emigrated! But I can guess why!

You obviously live in a fantasy world of Rose's & Lilies & not the one the majority live in, the one that "The Times talks about" & so do half the nation.

Wowww

Your hard work
Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:19 am

Again just for you!

The term Too-Gooder was the expression used by the Papers journalist! I'm just merely repeating what they said! Also again just for you!
I've never heard this term before; could you provide a link please? Most newspapers keep their articles online for some time.

What I have said is fact & the truth! I also noticed how you did not address the vital points of the thread! Why? Because they are true and you know it.
No it's not. It's a pile of drivel. It's full of emotive terms. Please quantify "droves". How do you know they all have no intention of working? Certainly when I was living in London, pretty much all the menial shitty jobs were being done by immigrants.

I would hold your opinions in higher regard if you could back them up with some statistics from a reputable source rather than anecdotes and supposition.

The paper in question for your information was "The Times" I suggest you trawl the net for it 2 weeks ago or so.. I have better things to do with my time than argue with someone who cannot hold a debate without resorting to a personal attack.
It's been a long time since anyone took the Times seriously. It pretty much coincides with when Murdoch took it over.

Thank God you did bugger off to Canada, probably did us all a favour..

I notice how you didnt' address why you Emigrated! But I can guess why!
But hang on, weren't you just bemoaning the fact that skilled and educated people like me were leaving? Or are you only worried about the ones who you imagine share your bizarre vision of what the UK should be like.

As I said, I left England to escape people like you - racists and bigots who blame everything on immigrants. You'll be pleased to know that there are way more people in Canada who don't speak English (or French) than in the UK.

Please learn how to use capital letters and exclamation marks. If I'm going to continue reading your posts, it'd be helpful if you could make it less painful.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

I've never heard this term before; could you provide a link please? Most newspapers keep their articles online for some time.

No it's not. It's a pile of drivel. It's full of emotive terms. Please quantify "droves". How do you know they all have no intention of working? Certainly when I was living in London, pretty much all the menial shitty jobs were being done by immigrants.

I would hold your opinions in higher regard if you could back them up with some statistics from a reputable source rather than anecdotes and supposition.

It's been a long time since anyone took the Times seriously. It pretty much coincides with when Murdoch took it over.

But hang on, weren't you just bemoaning the fact that skilled and educated people like me were leaving? Or are you only worried about the ones who you imagine share your bizarre vision of what the UK should be like.

As I said, I left England to escape people like you - racists and bigots who blame everything on immigrants. You'll be pleased to know that there are way more people in Canada who don't speak English (or French) than in the UK.

Please learn how to use capital letters and exclamation marks. If I'm going to continue reading your posts, it'd be helpful if you could make it less painful.
Please! don't read my posts. Once again just for you! You are entitled to your opinion & I'm entitled to mine.

You are a delueded old fool, its obvious. Once again I'm not a biggot or a racist at all! How many times do you need telling? I have no objection whatsoever to anyone coming to the UK as long as they can speak a little English so they can be employed, & then contribute to the system.

That's not being a racist you clown that's just having sense. My God you really do live in Cuckoo land..

Like I said go & pester someone else as your replies relate not to the points but fly of on tangents & don't really make sense at all.

Its painfully obvious you are deluded, & if you cannot interpret simple threads but end up converting them to your own little world of Rose gardens

What's the point? As for "The Times" its a factual paper, but I suppose you think The Gaurdian is the answer to all?

I can't believe a man who claims to know all the answers has never heard the term "Doo-Gooders" Look it up! It's you without a doubt!

Surely your wife must have left you by now? In fact, are sure you left the UK? Or was you kicked out?

I can no longer receive threads from you has you are now blocked.

Thank Goodness for this option, obviously made for people like you that's for sure..

Talk about extracting teeth! This guy is the ultimate Dentist without the pliers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.