Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Mr. Miller I am in tension kindly help

Mr. Miller I am in tension kindly help

Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Shinyparappally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mr. Miller I am in tension kindly help

Sir,

Today I received an LMO from Calgary Health region as staff nurse. This employment offer i received as direct recruitment after telephonic interview etc. That was on August 2007.

Before that I had attended a delegates interview at UAE with another employer in another Health region but same in Alberta through a Recruiting agency, that was March 2007. I got offer letter and I singed it and give to them, but until today they haven't provide me LMO. Whenever, I contacted to the agency to know the status of LMO. They are telling it is in process.

But, today my agency know that, I have received LMO from Calgary health region as direct higher (not through agency) they are very angry with me and shouting by telephone etc and said you are in big trouble, you will have problem in immigration. You have 2 LMO in HRSDC etc, etc....No I am worried about what to do. Can they have power to give me trouble in immigration. Do they have power to cancel my LMO?

Unfortunately, this agency is providing staff to Calgary health region also. No sleeping help me.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:38 pm
Dorfus wafflebutt

littletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nice
Default Re: Mr. Miller I am in tension kindly help

Sorry dont think i know the answers just want to say I hope you get it all sorted and a big hug!

I bet the agency are just annoyed they wont be getting their commission. I can see why two lmo's would be an issue youll only be using one to get your work permit. The other one doesnt have to be seen by immigration does it?

Karen
Old Nov 5th 2007, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Shinyparappally
Sir,

Today I received an LMO from Calgary Health region as staff nurse. This employment offer i received as direct recruitment after telephonic interview etc. That was on August 2007.

Before that I had attended a delegates interview at UAE with another employer in another Health region but same in Alberta through a Recruiting agency, that was March 2007. I got offer letter and I singed it and give to them, but until today they haven't provide me LMO. Whenever, I contacted to the agency to know the status of LMO. They are telling it is in process.

But, today my agency know that, I have received LMO from Calgary health region as direct higher (not through agency) they are very angry with me and shouting by telephone etc and said you are in big trouble, you will have problem in immigration. You have 2 LMO in HRSDC etc, etc....No I am worried about what to do. Can they have power to give me trouble in immigration. Do they have power to cancel my LMO?

Unfortunately, this agency is providing staff to Calgary health region also. No sleeping help me.
Naughty Naughty
LMO is for the position only and may be for multiple positions it doesn't have your name on it until it is linked to your work permit application.

Did you sign up to their T's & C's, if so check out the small print it may have implications if you work directly for the employer they introduced you to. Possibly illude to an introductory fee or the like. Some of these T's & C's aren't worth the paper they are written on.

I would contact the employer explain your dilemma and ask for advice. CIC would not be interested in the dual LMO's as it would not have your name only x number of positions.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Journeyman Electrician
Naughty Naughty
LMO is for the position only and may be for multiple positions it doesn't have your name on it until it is linked to your work permit application.

Did you sign up to their T's & C's, if so check out the small print it may have implications if you work directly for the employer they introduced you to. Possibly illude to an introductory fee or the like. Some of these T's & C's aren't worth the paper they are written on.

I would contact the employer explain your dilemma and ask for advice. CIC would not be interested in the dual LMO's as it would not have your name only x number of positions.
Thank you for your response, I haven't sign any T's & C's with any one kindly explain me what is it. In my LMO there is nothing like that I have seen.

In my LMO I have seen a title like" Worker information"

NOC code and Titile: Staff nurse 3152
Then My Name is printed:
salary
language etc
Old Nov 6th 2007, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for your response, I haven't sign any T's & C's with any one kindly explain me what is it. In my LMO there is nothing like that I have seen.

In my LMO I have seen a title like" Worker information"

NOC code and Titile: Staff nurse 3152
Then My Name is printed:
salary
language etc
Terms & conditions (T's&C's) usual to sign when you accept a position through an agency. Unlikely the agency would try to pursue you as the client has engaged your services more likely they will seek a finders fee from the client.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Journeyman Electrician
Terms & conditions (T's&C's) usual to sign when you accept a position through an agency. Unlikely the agency would try to pursue you as the client has engaged your services more likely they will seek a finders fee from the client.
Yes, it is written that, contract is for 2 years. Once you arrived in Canada should not try for another job during this contract period. Incase breach contract have to pay $5000. This was the T&C with agency. But in my case they just give me a conditional employment offer which is mentiond that

This offer is conditional upon your approval of the necessary entry and working permits to work as a Grad Nurse in Canada by the Canadian Immigration authorities and your acceptance by the Canadian Alberta Registered Nursing Association (CARNA) to be eligible to write the Canadian Registered Nursing exam (CRNE).

All the expense for the above registration and etc I myself paid. No financial liability for me with agaency. Not only contract will be valiued when I will reached in Canada. This offer I received in March 2007. Until today they didn't provide me LMO. When they know I got another LMO from another Health region as direct hire through website advertisement. They started getting angry.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

calgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nice

Sir,

Hi,

It would seem to me that the agency are more concerned about the loss of their finders fee. I work in HR and have many agencies approach me claiming that they are able to expedite LMO's through CIC.

CIC have strict guidelines relating to foreign workers working through 3rd party agencies, there are some that try to find ways round that - be wary.

Anyway - you have a positive LMO - congratulations!

Julie