Wikiposts

Mr. Miller FYI and question

Old Sep 9th 2002, 1:50 pm
Donald

Default Mr. Miller FYI and question

Good day Mr Miller,

A short while ago I asked for your advise about sending in my wifes passport to
singapore prior to them requesting it. You had advised against doing so at this time.
I weighed the pros and cons and decided against your advise and sent the passport in
with a request to confirm reciept via fax. Sure enough they did confirm and also
stated that the pssport is not of use at this time because they are still waiting for
"proof of relationship" documents they requested last July 5,2002. My had never
recieved this request and had we not sent in the passport we would have remained
oblivious to their demands. Please let myself and anyone else on this news group know
if there is time-limit to our application, if we never would have responded due to
the lack of communication, what could have been the complications?

Thank you once again for all your help and time given here.

Don

Old Sep 9th 2002, 4:17 pm
Andrew Miller

Default Re: Mr. Miller FYI and question

When request for additional documents (or anything else) is mailed then such has the
deadline by which applicant should comply. Nobody really follows up with remainders
of any kind - simply at the next bring forward date when processing officer sees that
it is already few months past the deadline and nothing was received then case may be
simply closed and visa refused, especially if those extra documents are critical for
the final decision. There are several posts in this group just this year alone from
people trying to find out if there is anything they can do after their case was
closed and visa refused just because they didn't comply with the request they never
received in the first place. Looks like you got lucky this time...

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE from the above address before
sending email)

"Donald" <[email protected]> wrote in message news[email protected]...
    > Good day Mr Miller,
    > A short while ago I asked for your advise about sending in my wifes passport to
    > singapore prior to them requesting it. You had advised against doing so at this
    > time. I weighed the pros and cons and decided against your advise and sent the
    > passport in with a request to confirm reciept via fax. Sure enough they did confirm
    > and also stated that the pssport is not of use at this time because they are still
    > waiting for "proof of relationship" documents they requested last July 5,2002. My
    > had never recieved this request and had we not sent in the passport we would have
    > remained oblivious to their demands. Please let myself and anyone else on this news
    > group know if there is time-limit to our application, if we never would have
    > responded due to the lack of communication, what could have been the complications?
    > Thank you once again for all your help and time given here.
    > Don