Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Mr.Miller & Experts - PR Card Delivery

Mr.Miller & Experts - PR Card Delivery

Old Aug 31st 2005, 11:26 am
Just Joined

hawkins_tx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mr.Miller & Experts - PR Card Delivery

Dear Mr.Miller,

I arrived in Canada on 17/Aug/'05 as a landed immigrant. At the airport I was given an 'Address Notification' form as I had not mentioned any mailing address on my landing papers as I was not sure about it. I was asked by the immigration officer present on duty to fill in the complete address once it is confirmed and then fax this form on the given number. Please be informed that my picture was not taken at the airport.
The very next day I filled in the 'Address Notification' form with my updated Canadian mailing address and faxed it on the given number.

My only concern is that is this the only requirment for 'Permanent Residence Card' as my picture was not taken ?

Secondly after 4 days I had to leave Canada for my country for some personal reasons. Will my PR Card be delivered at the given mailing address which belongs to my friend with whom I was staying. Please be informed that my E-CAS shows my PR application status as 'Complete' and it also shows that I entered Canada on 17/Aug/'05 and became a permanent resident.

I am anxiously waiting for your replies.

Best Regards,

Furqan
Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:34 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mr.Miller & Experts - PR Card Delivery

If photos submitted with PR application will be acceptable then your PR Card should be mailed to address you specified. How long? Nobody knows

Originally Posted by hawkins_tx
Dear Mr.Miller,

I arrived in Canada on 17/Aug/'05 as a landed immigrant. At the airport I was given an 'Address Notification' form as I had not mentioned any mailing address on my landing papers as I was not sure about it. I was asked by the immigration officer present on duty to fill in the complete address once it is confirmed and then fax this form on the given number. Please be informed that my picture was not taken at the airport.
The very next day I filled in the 'Address Notification' form with my updated Canadian mailing address and faxed it on the given number.

My only concern is that is this the only requirment for 'Permanent Residence Card' as my picture was not taken ?

Secondly after 4 days I had to leave Canada for my country for some personal reasons. Will my PR Card be delivered at the given mailing address which belongs to my friend with whom I was staying. Please be informed that my E-CAS shows my PR application status as 'Complete' and it also shows that I entered Canada on 17/Aug/'05 and became a permanent resident.

I am anxiously waiting for your replies.

Best Regards,

Furqan
Old Sep 5th 2005, 11:28 am
Just Joined

hawkins_tx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mr.Miller & Experts - PR Card Delivery

Mr.Miller,

Thankyou very much for your prompt response.

Regards,

Furqan

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
If photos submitted with PR application will be acceptable then your PR Card should be mailed to address you specified. How long? Nobody knows