Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Mr. Miller can you shed some light?

Mr. Miller can you shed some light?

Old Dec 9th 2004, 5:37 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

GOBLIN will become famous soon enoughGOBLIN will become famous soon enough
Default Mr. Miller can you shed some light?

Hello
I am interested in the Manitoba Community Support Stream.Would you have any idea as to what kind of Community support organisations would be eligible to issue a letter of support to applicants.(church, YMCA etc).
I qualify under the federal skilled worker class , but I just cannot imagine waiting three years for the New Delhi post to process my application.
Thanks, have a nice day!

Regards
GOBLIN
Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:15 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mr. Miller can you shed some light?

Just try to get to Manitoba's PNP website and you'll see that is impossible as tens of thousands who heard only some rumors about community support there (which BTW exists for almost as long as Manitoba's PNP program) are flooding their site. Don't count on anything so distant - if you qualify under federal program then find a job offer (as New Delhi still tries to process cases with approved job offers faster) and apply. Don't waste your time on some illusion.

As far as I know (note that I don't know everything) no group applied yet for CSA (Community Support Agreement) and nobody really knows if any will in predictable future. Only CSA holders will be eligible to pre-screen applicants they are interested in and issue Letter of Support with which applicant will apply to the Province of Manitoba for PNP certificate, and only after such is granted for PR visa through proper visa post. And s it is well known Manitoba's PNP certificates are usually issued early in the year as they have about 2,000 annual quota versus few times more applicants.

Take honest advice and apply now if you qualify under federal program.

Originally Posted by GOBLIN
Hello
I am interested in the Manitoba Community Support Stream.Would you have any idea as to what kind of Community support organisations would be eligible to issue a letter of support to applicants.(church, YMCA etc).
I qualify under the federal skilled worker class , but I just cannot imagine waiting three years for the New Delhi post to process my application.
Thanks, have a nice day!

Regards
GOBLIN
Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:41 pm
Red pill or Blue Pill?

GOBLIN will become famous soon enoughGOBLIN will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Just try to get to Manitoba's PNP website and you'll see that is impossible as tens of thousands who heard only some rumors about community support there (which BTW exists for almost as long as Manitoba's PNP program) are flooding their site. Don't count on anything so distant - if you qualify under federal program then find a job offer (as New Delhi still tries to process cases with approved job offers faster) and apply. Don't waste your time on some illusion.

As far as I know (note that I don't know everything) no group applied yet for CSA (Community Support Agreement) and nobody really knows if any will in predictable future. Only CSA holders will be eligible to pre-screen applicants they are interested in and issue Letter of Support with which applicant will apply to the Province of Manitoba for PNP certificate, and only after such is granted for PR visa through proper visa post. And s it is well known Manitoba's PNP certificates are usually issued early in the year as they have about 2,000 annual quota versus few times more applicants.

Take honest advice and apply now if you qualify under federal program.
Thanks for your reply Mr. Miller.
I did consider, attempting to get a job offer but does'nt that have to be in a shortage or priority occupation and then approved by the HRDC?
Old Dec 10th 2004, 3:57 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Under federal selection criteria job offer for Arranged Employment factor points doesn't need to be on any shortage or priority ocupation list. It has to be a genuine offer from employer being in business for at least 12 months with documented payroll record for at least past 12 months and in your field of education and experience. In order to get HRSDC positive opinion such offer's terms must be **sufficient enough to attract and retain Canadians** and has to meet few other criteria.

Originally Posted by GOBLIN
Thanks for your reply Mr. Miller.
I did consider, attempting to get a job offer but does'nt that have to be in a shortage or priority occupation and then approved by the HRDC?