mr miller

Old Sep 12th 2002, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

stupot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mr miller

Hi there,
I have read alot of your replies and found them very informative!!!!
I was wondering if you know of the chances of me getting a pr as i am a tool and die maker looking to immigrate to the ontario area.
I have viewed a lot of web sites including official canadian ones that seem to give the information that it is an area of employment that is now in quite a large demand.
Would i be right in asuming this?
thanks, stupot.
Old Sep 12th 2002, 3:42 pm
Andrew Miller

Default Re: mr miller

You have to decide first what you want - to make Canada your permanent home or to
come here for the temporary employment.

If you want to become Canadian PR then you must meet selection criteria in the
category you want to apply under - and you haven't provided any information which
could allow anyone to assess your chances.

If you are looking just for work then you need to find employer who can offer you an
HRDC validated job offer and then apply for work permit.

Immigrating to Canada (or anywhere else) as a PR is a life long commitment and in
your lifetime job market will change countless number of times - what is hot today
may not be so good tomorrow and vice versa, what looks very bad today may be a very
promising future tomorrow. So, you cannot make decision about immigration as a PR
based solely on the basis of the today's employment situation in just one profession
and in one geographical area. What will you do if there will be no job for you in
your area in your home country? You would move to another area and/or you would get
qualifications in another occupation. If you want to make Canada your home then be
prepared to do the same here.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE from the above address before
sending email)

"stupot" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi there, I have read alot of your replies and found them very informative!!!! I
    > was wondering if you know of the chances of me getting a pr as i am a tool and die
    > maker looking to immigrate to the ontario area. I have viewed a lot of web sites
    > including official canadian ones that seem to give the information that it is an
    > area of employment that is now in quite a large demand. Would i be right in asuming
    > this? thanks, stupot.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com