Wikiposts

For Mr. Jim Humphries

Old Sep 8th 2002, 5:03 am
Ti-Coune

Default For Mr. Jim Humphries

I started the whole Family Class process in July 2001. After decision made on my
sponsorship and Québec Selection Certificate granted, my fiancée applied for PR in
Manila in Jan. 2002. Medical completed at end of February and never been asked for an
interview. We thought the file was in perfect standing...

She received a letter in mid-June asking for my divorce decree. Shocksss! I thought I
included it! I sent it through FedEx immediately. Meanwhile, we married this summer
and I sent the marriage certificate too, in Manila and Mississauga.

Now, according to your experience as a former Immigration Officer, can you tell me
how it works in such cases? How do they figure when they will pay attention to my
file? They gave 3 months to send the requested paper. So, is it reasonable to believe
they put a flag on my file for a specific date, after these 3 months are over: like
in the beginner of October, for instance?

I'm aware you are the only one I know (whatever it means) who has the proper hands on
experience to answer this... Please answer me!

Thanx so much!

Old Sep 8th 2002, 7:38 am
Jim Humphries

Default Re: For Mr. Jim Humphries

It looks as though your wife sould hear something positive soon. Offices like Manila
are very busy, and often do not respond quickly when documents are sent to them.
Have you tracked the Fedex shipment to determine when your divorce decree was
received? Also, when was the marriage certificate received? I would give it until
late October before taking any other steps. Its a tiresome process and getting worse
daily. Jim Humphries

Ti-coune wrote:
    > I started the whole Family Class process in July 2001. After decision made on my
    > sponsorship and Québec Selection Certificate granted, my fiancée applied for PR in
    > Manila in Jan. 2002. Medical completed at end of February and never been asked for
    > an interview. We thought the file was in perfect standing...
    > She received a letter in mid-June asking for my divorce decree. Shocksss! I thought
    > I included it! I sent it through FedEx immediately. Meanwhile, we married this
    > summer and I sent the marriage certificate too, in Manila and Mississauga.
    > Now, according to your experience as a former Immigration Officer, can you tell me
    > how it works in such cases? How do they figure when they will pay attention to my
    > file? They gave 3 months to send the requested paper. So, is it reasonable to
    > believe they put a flag on my file for a specific date, after these 3 months are
    > over: like in the beginner of October, for instance?
    > I'm aware you are the only one I know (whatever it means) who has the proper hands
    > on experience to answer this... Please answer me!
    > Thanx so much!

Old Sep 8th 2002, 11:31 am
Love & Wait

Default Re: For Mr. Jim Humphries

Thanx for your quick reply!

Yes I tracked the FedEx shipment for the divorce decree, and got the following:

Tracking Number 7?0?0?0?05 Reference Number Ship Date 06/21/2002
Delivered To Recept/Frnt desk Delivery Location MAKATI CITY MANILA PH
Delivery Date/Time 06/24/2002 10:49 Signed For By M.LAGUMEN Service
Type Priority Letter

For the mariage certificate, we sent the same week of the marriage, from Cagayan de
Oro, by DHL (They state in the application kit having made arrangements with them).
I've tried to track it down but, in the Philippines, any out of Manila tracking
numbers aren't shown on the internet. I've also tested LBC and even FedEx for that
purpose: nothing shown pass Paranaque. It seems like they just don't have the
equipment to do so...

Late October sounds "another acceptable" delay. Tiresome ya betcha! But then,
according to you, what could be the next step if she receives nothing at all?

"Jim Humphries" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > It looks as though your wife sould hear something positive soon. Offices like
    > Manila are very busy, and often do not respond quickly when documents are sent to
    > them. Have you tracked the Fedex shipment to determine when your divorce decree
    > was received? Also, when was the marriage certificate received? I would give it
    > until late October before taking any other steps. Its a tiresome process and
    > getting worse daily. Jim Humphries
    > Ti-coune wrote:
    > >
    > > I started the whole Family Class process in July 2001. After decision
made
    > > on my sponsorship and Québec Selection Certificate granted, my fiancée applied
    > > for PR in Manila in Jan. 2002. Medical completed at end of
February
    > > and never been asked for an interview. We thought the file was in
perfect
    > > standing...
    > >
    > > She received a letter in mid-June asking for my divorce decree.
Shocksss! I
    > > thought I included it! I sent it through FedEx immediately. Meanwhile,
we
    > > married this summer and I sent the marriage certificate too, in Manila
and
    > > Mississauga.
    > >
    > > Now, according to your experience as a former Immigration Officer, can
you
    > > tell me how it works in such cases? How do they figure when they will
pay
    > > attention to my file? They gave 3 months to send the requested paper.
So, is
    > > it reasonable to believe they put a flag on my file for a specific date, after
    > > these 3 months are over: like in the beginner of October, for instance?
    > >
    > > I'm aware you are the only one I know (whatever it means) who has the
proper
    > > hands on experience to answer this... Please answer me!
    > >
    > > Thanx so much!