Wikiposts

Mr .Andrew please help

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:20 am
Just Joined

badnv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mr .Andrew please help

Dear Mr.Andrew,

I'm currently an International student completed my studies in August 2005.I have a study permit valid until Nov 2005.I have been offered an internship in a local IT company here in the same line as my study.The company will be applying for my work authorization under the pilot project category.

I have a couple of questions in this regard

1. Is there any student workpermit and is it different from normal workpermit.

2. Can I apply for my PR once i get my work authorization.How long is it likely to take.

3. Also if i get another job in this one year can i transfer my work authorization to the new company.

Thanks in advance

Badri
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:49 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mr .Andrew please help

1. Students graduating from post secondary program in Canadian education institutions may apply within 80 days for 12 months post-graduate work permit. Such cannot be extended but is simpler to get as it doesn't require HRSDC approval. But if you and job fit into pilot program for software professionals then it is better to apply for it as work permit may be extended.

2. I don't know if you can apply. If you meet the definition of skilled worker and regulatory requirements, have enough points then you may apply through proper visa post abroad. Remember that one of regulatory requirements is to have at least 12 months of paid, full time (or full time equivalent) and continuous work experience in skilled occupation. If you don't have it then application will be refused. How long PR application will take - anywhere from 2 to 6+ years depending from visa post, your nationality and countries you resided in and of course from quality and conclusiveness of application package.

3. You need to apply for new work permit

Originally Posted by badnv
Dear Mr.Andrew,

I'm currently an International student completed my studies in August 2005.I have a study permit valid until Nov 2005.I have been offered an internship in a local IT company here in the same line as my study.The company will be applying for my work authorization under the pilot project category.

I have a couple of questions in this regard

1. Is there any student workpermit and is it different from normal workpermit.

2. Can I apply for my PR once i get my work authorization.How long is it likely to take.

3. Also if i get another job in this one year can i transfer my work authorization to the new company.

Thanks in advance

Badri