Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Mr.Andrew &/or Mr.Jimm (DAMASCUS 2001)

Mr.Andrew &/or Mr.Jimm (DAMASCUS 2001)

Old Dec 11th 2005, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

lego123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mr.Andrew &/or Mr.Jimm (DAMASCUS 2001)

I received my CAIPS notes recently and would like your opinion about my processing stage at the moment:

Applied March 2001 London from Cyprus
Transferred due to program integrity to Damascus June 2004
Interview done July 2005, all updated forms, docs, fees etc. done + med forms handed after interview at the rec in Damascus office and was told that it takes up to 6 months to finalize, they will do now some background checks and if everything is OK they will forward visa to the Consulate in Cyprus.
Meds done end July
Now, according to my CAIPS notes:
Med assessed beginning of August (M01 - A)
B complex started right after the interview:
PILLAROT BED LISTED with Nicosia the same date as the interview
PILLAROT results received issued about 40 days after been listed - end August

And then there are only some notes about received my fax etc and nothing about processing just - file BF (being forward)to RIB on 12/12/05.

So, today is 12/12/05. What do you think I should expect?
Old Dec 11th 2005, 5:52 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mr.Andrew &/or Mr.Jimm (DAMASCUS 2001)

Originally Posted by lego123
I received my CAIPS notes recently and would like your opinion about my processing stage at the moment:

Applied March 2001 London from Cyprus
Transferred due to program integrity to Damascus June 2004
Interview done July 2005, all updated forms, docs, fees etc. done + med forms handed after interview at the rec in Damascus office and was told that it takes up to 6 months to finalize, they will do now some background checks and if everything is OK they will forward visa to the Consulate in Cyprus.
Meds done end July
Now, according to my CAIPS notes:
Med assessed beginning of August (M01 - A)
B complex started right after the interview:
PILLAROT BED LISTED with Nicosia the same date as the interview
PILLAROT results received issued about 40 days after been listed - end August

And then there are only some notes about received my fax etc and nothing about processing just - file BF (being forward)to RIB on 12/12/05.

So, today is 12/12/05. What do you think I should expect?
If the visa office can keep to its estimate you should be hearing from them soon. They have everthing they need from you so they will not contact you until they are ready. The time taken for background checks is generally hard to predict. At present you should just be patient and keep your heart rate down!
Old Dec 14th 2005, 12:39 am
Just Joined

lego123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mr.Andrew &/or Mr.Jimm (DAMASCUS 2001)

Thank you for yr reply!
So, 12/12/05 is over, no changes with e-client. This morning at 8-30 I sent a fax to Damascus visa-office asking about any progress with my file, explaining that I am now a 57 month-applicant, emphasising that there is no change with my e-client and there is about 7 months left until my medical expires. At 13-00 I received a fax from the embassy with a stamp on it - background review still in process.
I understand that my file is probably in work at the moment since it took only 4 hours for their reply. But there (of course) many questions arise - is that PILLAROTT not the only one procedure for the background checks, what is B-complex and how long does it take to complete and how do they check our background - do they call the authorities, educational institutions, etc., and for which period according to the immigration law?
Can you possibly help to clarify all that?
You reply would be really appreciated!!!