Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Mr. Andrew Miller !! Please Help...Change of address

Mr. Andrew Miller !! Please Help...Change of address

Old Jul 18th 2003, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

mamta is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Mr. Andrew Miller !! Please Help...Change of address

Hello Mr. Miller,

I am thinking of applying for Canadian PR in Buffalo in a few days. However I will be moving to a new place/address in about 2 months. I will ask the post office to forward all my mails to my new address. So my ques is : Does the Canadian Consulate give specific instruction asking the post office not to forward/redirect the AOR mail (as done by some credit card companies when they mail the cards)? In such case I won't get the AOR in my new address.

I would inform the Canadian Consulate as soon as I find an Apartment in the new place.

I don't want to wait and apply from my new address since I worry that my reference letters might not be considered up to date. Can anyone also tell me what is meant by an "up-to-date" reference letter. Is a letter that is written 6 months back considered up-to-date ?

Please help...
-Mamta
Old Jul 26th 2003, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

halk is an unknown quantity at this point

I am almost in the same boat with you. I submitted all documents to Bufflo last May. Then I moved to a new apartment in this July. I already request post office to change my address and forword any incoming mails to my new address. Do you guys think I can get the initial letter from Bufflo. If I can not get, how I can contact with them since I haven't known my case number.

Does anybody have same experience as mine? Can anyone give me your advice?

Thanks,

Halk
Old Jul 26th 2003, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

bjk2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

It happened to me in 2001. I applied in Oct and moved in Nov. The AOR was forwarded to my new address by USPS.