Moving to Lindsay Ontario

Old Oct 10th 2017, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Oikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving to Lindsay Ontario

I am looking to move to the Lindsay area of Ontario
Where do I start
Seems there is so much to look into and would be good to know what order I do things in and where the best place to start is

Thanks in advance
Mark
Old Oct 10th 2017, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Lindsay Ontario

Originally Posted by Oikford
I am looking to move to the Lindsay area of Ontario
Where do I start
Seems there is so much to look into and would be good to know what order I do things in and where the best place to start is

Thanks in advance
Mark
I assume you have your visa sorted and are purely asking about the logistics of moving?

Have you checked out the wiki section of the Canada forum yet? If not, suggest you start here:

To Do Lists-Canada : British Expat Wiki
Old Oct 10th 2017, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Oikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond reputeOikford has a reputation beyond repute

I have done nothing at all
No visa no nothing
I am literally starting from scratch point 0

So is the visa the best thing to look into first

Thanks
Old Oct 10th 2017, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Oikford;12358482]I have done nothing at all
No visa no nothing

Thanks[/QUOTE

Without question!

No point in thinking any further than that for now. Again, wiki is your friend, suggest you start here and follow the links:

Quick Guide to Canadian Immigration : British Expat Wiki
Old Oct 10th 2017, 11:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I have done nothing at all
No visa no nothing

Thanks
In which case, I will move your thread to the visa section of the forum.

Out of interest, any particular reason you've looking at Lindsay? If you need a job offer to get a visa (a lot of people do), then you're going to limit yourself quite a bit. Do you have another half there maybe?

Start with this visa eligibility check from the CIC website, and then we can help you figure out the next step once we know what that says - Do you want to come to Canada, or extend your stay?

HTH, good luck.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

I have a good friend in Lindsay and just love tue area

I should be going with a chunk of change so a high payingnjob isn't a big must

Thanks
Old Oct 11th 2017, 1:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I have a good friend in Lindsay and just love tue area

I should be going with a chunk of change so a high payingnjob isn't a big must

Thanks
OK, but do you need a job offer to get a visa, what did the above say? If you do need a job offer, then it's not a question of it being a high paying job, it's the fact that you'll have to find an employer prepared to spend $1000 and go through a lot of paperwork and hassle to hire you, plus have skills that can't be easily found in Canada. Hence why if you do need a job offer to get a visa, limiting yourself to such a small area could make it far, far, trickier and you might want to look at other towns (or even other provinces) to give yourself more of a chance.

The big chunk of change is good, for some visas you have to show you have a certain amount in your bank account, so that's a big tick.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

At the moment I don't know if I'll need to get a job
I should have about £250k in tye bank so that may go a long way
Old Oct 11th 2017, 3:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

At the moment I don't know if I'll need to get a job
I should have about £250k in tye bank so that may go a long way
It will, and it's more than the proof of funds amount needed, but that alone won't get you a visa. But once you've worked out if you're eligible for one (it will depend on things like your age, your highest education level, your job etc), then you can see if you'll need a job offer or not.

Best of luck.