Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Moving Federal Skilled Application from one Visa to another

Moving Federal Skilled Application from one Visa to another

Old Jan 4th 2008, 6:24 am
Duke of Africa

bryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant future
Default Moving Federal Skilled Application from one Visa Office to another

Hello Guys,

Happy new year to all. I am impressed with the way queations are answered and advice given on this forum. I hope mine will equally be answered especially from those with similar experience.

I applied for the Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Permanent Residence Visa in December 2006 to the London Visa office as I reside in the UK. However I am due to relocate to the Carribean in a few months time. What is the procedure for moving my application to the Buffalo Visa office and and still keep my place in the processing queue. By the way the Buffalo visa office serves the carribean island I am relocating to.

Many thanks for responding.

Best Regards,

David

Last edited by bryandavid; Jan 4th 2008 at 6:32 am. Reason: Subject missing "Office" after Visa
Old Jan 4th 2008, 7:37 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Federal Skilled Application from one Visa Office to another

Hi

Originally Posted by bryandavid
Hello Guys,

Happy new year to all. I am impressed with the way queations are answered and advice given on this forum. I hope mine will equally be answered especially from those with similar experience.

I applied for the Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Permanent Residence Visa in December 2006 to the London Visa office as I reside in the UK. However I am due to relocate to the Carribean in a few months time. What is the procedure for moving my application to the Buffalo Visa office and and still keep my place in the processing queue. By the way the Buffalo visa office serves the carribean island I am relocating to.

Many thanks for responding.

Best Regards,

David
You can request that London transfer the file, but unless it "enhances the integrity of the immigration program" they won't do it.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:34 am
Duke of Africa

bryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant future
Default Re: Moving Federal Skilled Application from one Visa Office to another

But how do I get them to transfer it when one can hardly get in touch with them. Last year I moved house and sent them an email and a fax notifying my new address and got no reply. I do not even know if my new address has been updated on my file. Please I need practical suggestion. Cheers.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:02 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Federal Skilled Application from one Visa to another

pmm was just stating facts...

i guess you just update them with your new permanent address and if they think they should transfer it they will.

if you have your file number you can check in e-cas if they updated your address. not that e-cas is that reliable or always up-to-date - but it would be a possibility.

are you speculating with the shorter processing time in buffalo? if you are admitted to your new country of residence for at least one year (your visa must have that length, you're not required to have spent the whole 12 months before applying there) you might consider to withdraw your application in london and submit a new application to buffalo.
i have no idea if there would be problems for your pr-process along this route though - one of the experts might tell you that.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:08 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

It is unlikely that they will transfer file as all your education/experience credentials and background are UK based (I assume they are?).

If you would be originally from the place you are moving to and have all background and credentials originated from there then there would be a justification for transfer.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:10 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It is unlikely that they will transfer file as all your education/experience credentials and background are UK based (I assume they are?).

If you would be originally from the place you are moving to and have all background and credentials originated from there then there would be a justification for transfer.
Would it be worth submitting a new application to Buffalo?
Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:51 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

If application submitted to CHC London is a simplified one in SW class then of course it would be the best to withdraw it, get application fee back and post new application (standard, full package this time, as Buffalo doesn't play with simplified process) to Buffalo. Providing of course that applicant is granted at least 12 months admission to the country within Buffalo's visa post jurisdiction.