Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Moving to Canada -- Seeking Advice

Moving to Canada -- Seeking Advice

Old Jul 4th 2003, 4:37 am
Posts: n/a
Default Moving to Canada -- Seeking Advice

My partner was hired by a Toronto-based company, and we will soon be
relocating from the U.S. to Canada in almost a week. After much
searching over the internet and various phone calls I'm still unsure
of my personal situation. We were informed that I will be fine on my
partner's visa if he included me as an "accompanying dependent." Is
this completely accurate?

Now, my more stress-filled questions regards my employment situation.
My partner has already been hired and will receive his work permit
authorizing him to work for the one-year contract he signed. I'm
unclear about my own personal situation. Will I be able to work? Do
I need to apply for a skilled worker's permit? As of right now, we
only plan to be in Canada for one year. Depending upon my partner's
company the contract might be extended for a second year, but we will
not know that until almost the end of the contract. During this year
in Canada I would really like to work but am very uncertain if I will
be able.

Does anybody have advice regarding this work situation and how I might
be able to find employment for the duration of our time in Toronto?


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.