Moving to Canada hopefully

Old Aug 20th 2021, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

Pjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving to Canada hopefully

Hi all I’ve been awarded the AIPP Atlantic immigration pilot program how long does it take from Application form to living and working in Canada
Old Aug 20th 2021, 10:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Moving to Canada hopefully

Originally Posted by Pjs1982
Hi all I’ve been awarded the AIPP Atlantic immigration pilot program how long does it take from Application form to living and working in Canada
Depends on the stage you’re at, when you say ‘awarded’, can you be more specific? Exactly whereabouts are you in the application process?
Old Aug 20th 2021, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

Pjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond reputePjs1982 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Canada hopefully

I was to set up my IELTS Studying an exam over the next month then after then it’s job references letters
Old Aug 20th 2021, 10:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I was to set up my IELTS Studying an exam over the next month then after then it’s job references letters
Ok, so does that mean you’ve done the first stage and got your Certificate of Endorsement? You’re about to apply for PR and that’s what you want the timeframe for?

If so, it used to be about 6 months from submitting as a rough guide, I’d maybe double that with the Covid backlog as most apps seem to be taking about twice the usual amount of time.

Have you applied for a work permit as well?
Old Aug 21st 2021, 4:49 am
Just Joined

Yes applying for that too and waiting for job offers
Old Aug 21st 2021, 7:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes applying for that too and waiting for job offers
So you don't have a job offer yet? That's mandatory for the program, so what do you mean you've been 'awarded the AIPP Atlantic immigration pilot program'? I'm a bit confused as I don't really understand what you're asking about if you've not even started the process. I wouldn't spend money on IELTS or your ECA etc, you don't need that until you apply for PR so it could be a complete waste of money if you can't find a job offer from a sponsoring employer.

What do you do, do you have skills in demand?
Old Aug 21st 2021, 11:34 am
Just Joined

I work in health and social care. I do care at home
Old Aug 21st 2021, 2:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I work in health and social care. I do care at home
OK, any idea of your NOC code?

If you're only just starting to job hunt, then I wouldn't pay for your IELTS and ECA just yet - you'll have plenty of time to do them once you do find an approved job offer, but no point in spending hundreds of pounds on them unless you know you can actually move.
Old Aug 21st 2021, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Immigration people at uis Canada said I can. They ask me when do I want to move over and I said in a years time. They done evaluation and said I’m entitled to the AIPP. The training and exam for IELTS is next with the Reference Letters for my CV and something called WES. After all that completed will be there to start on the next step of the application form.
Old Aug 21st 2021, 2:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Immigration people at uis Canada said I can. They ask me when do I want to move over and I said in a years time. They done evaluation and said I’m entitled to the AIPP. The training and exam for IELTS is next with the Reference Letters for my CV and something called WES. After all that completed will be there to start on the next step of the application form.
What do you mean 'immigration people'? Do you mean a visa agency?

Sorry, but if they're telling you you can apply now without a job offer, they're misleading you at best. You can see the criteria yourself here, it's very clear - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...e-skilled.html

This step by step guide is also useful, you seem to be at step 12 but unless you've not mentioned it, you have missed steps 1-11! https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...lot/guide.html

There really is no point in spending any money on IELTS and ECA (which is what you'd apply to WES for) yet, that's only needed for a PR app and you can't do that until you've done the first steps above. And I would strongly suggest you don't spend any money on these 'immigration people', unless you have complicated circumstances then you shouldn't need to pay anybody to help you with your application. And unless you've forgotten to mention that you've already got a job offer, done your settlement plan and got your endorsement letter, I'm not convinced they're giving you the right info tbh.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 21st 2021 at 2:55 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2021, 3:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Ah, just realised UIS Canada is a company. I'd suggest you Google them.

Ask them for the name of their RCIC (which they're required by law to display on their website but I can't seem to find) and check it here - https://iccrc-crcic.ca/find-a-professional/. I really hope you've not paid them anything yet.