Moving to canada

Old Feb 18th 2019, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Bushy2210 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to canada

Back again guys, hope everyone's well!

So in April 2015 I got arrested for a public order offence under section 4. Basically had a little fight with a guy whilst drunk.

I admitted everything and the judge gave me 75 hours community service and let me go.

​​​​​Now in 2017 the crime was spent completely and I completely all the work hours with in 6 months of the court date.

So with this being a the only offence I've ever commited and been arrested for will this cause me a problem?

I've had other things like speeding fines and points on licence but never actually been arrested for anything other than the one time I had to go To court any help on this will be much appreciated cheers folks.
Old Feb 18th 2019, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to canada

IMHO this would be equated to section 175(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada causing a disturbance which is a summary offence only so you shouldn't be found inadmissible. The arrest and conviction will need to be declared for any application to come to Canada be it an eTA application or for PR/spousal application.

Causing disturbance, indecent exhibition, loitering, etc.
  • 175 (1) Every one who
    • (a) not being in a dwelling-house, causes a disturbance in or near a public place,
      • (i) by fighting, screaming, shouting, swearing, singing or using insulting or obscene language,
      • (ii) by being drunk, or
      • (iii) by impeding or molesting other persons,
    • (b) openly exposes or exhibits an indecent exhibition in a public place,
    • (c) loiters in a public place and in any way obstructs persons who are in that place, or
    • (d) disturbs the peace and quiet of the occupants of a dwelling-house by discharging firearms or by other disorderly conduct in a public place or who, not being an occupant of a dwelling-house comprised in a particular building or structure, disturbs the peace and quiet of the occupants of a dwelling-house comprised in the building or structure by discharging firearms or by other disorderly conduct in any part of a building or structure to which, at the time of such conduct, the occupants of two or more dwelling-houses comprised in the building or structure have access as of right or by invitation, express or implied,
    is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.