Moving to canada

Old Feb 17th 2019, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Bushy2210 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to canada

So I finished high school in the UK, went to College but dropped out as someone offered me a very good job. Naturally I chased the money lol. Since then I've had various different jobs but the job I'm currently in allowed me To go back to college and I got my self a level 2 nvq diploma equivalent to 4 gcses A*-C. The course was in public services the that helps you get into the police / fire service etc. So essentially yes Ive finished college I just returned to it some years later rather than at 16.

Does this mean I have the candian equivalent to high school or will they class it as I've been to college, as when on the score system it asks
​About high school diploma, 1 year degree, diploma etc at university, college, technical school or institute and then the same for 2 years then goes on to bachelors degree n such. In my eyes that means I've done 2 years diploma at college.

Or am I getting this completely wrong?
Old Feb 17th 2019, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bushy2210
So I finished high school in the UK, went to College but dropped out as someone offered me a very good job. Naturally I chased the money lol. Since then I've had various different jobs but the job I'm currently in allowed me To go back to college and I got my self a level 2 nvq diploma equivalent to 4 gcses A*-C. The course was in public services the that helps you get into the police / fire service etc. So essentially yes Ive finished college I just returned to it some years later rather than at 16.

Does this mean I have the candian equivalent to high school or will they class it as I've been to college, as when on the score system it asks
​About high school diploma, 1 year degree, diploma etc at university, college, technical school or institute and then the same for 2 years then goes on to bachelors degree n such. In my eyes that means I've done 2 years diploma at college.

Or am I getting this completely wrong?
yours is a more difficult situation and you will only know when you get the ECA back but the problem is your college qualification is vocational so may not be meet the requirements for academic education. Some do some don’t. Based on what you said you may struggle to get assessed high school education since you have no academic qualifications since age 16. Although you spent 2 years at college this was for a vocational not academic qualification. You will need to submit to WES to check if they assess it. The most I think you will get is high school equivalent.
Old Feb 17th 2019, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Bushy2210 is an unknown quantity at this point

OK thank you very much