Moving to Canada

Old Nov 6th 2011, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Natasha1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Canada

Dear all,

I'm looking for some advice really if I may my story in short is this, my husband and I are thinking of moving to Canada we have a few issues that we want answers for.

I have a Criminology Degree my Husband is thinking of retraining to be a plumber.

Currently he works in construction I have looked at the requirements of getting a skilled migrants visa and my profession is not on the list so I am also thinking of re-training doing a masters degree in Social Work.

I am wondering is there any other way we could get visa's into Canada i.e. a quicker route maybe thanks all

Any advice welcome thanks in advance
Old Nov 6th 2011, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Moving to Canada

depends on where you want to relocate to..Canada is big.

Check out the different Provincial Nominee Programs (links are given on the www.cic.gc.ca website. )
Old Nov 6th 2011, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

taylor2kay is a jewel in the roughtaylor2kay is a jewel in the roughtaylor2kay is a jewel in the roughtaylor2kay is a jewel in the roughtaylor2kay is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

Thought I would respond on your thred so it doesn't get to confusing.

My story is long but will try to keep to short lol, It all began in Aug 2008 when we just has enough of getting ill and not looking forward to our long cold winters. We decided that Vancouver would be our dream and off we began applying for jobs on internet and seeking as much advice as possible. We looked on the skilled worker but we weren't listed. Even though I got some response to jobs as soon as they knew I didn't have a visa, it was goodbye.
The years flew by and then we had enough and we decided to fly out to Vancouver this summer and secure some job interviews and with a bit of luck hoped for the best.
Luck must of been on our side as my partner got offered a job and we managed to find a brilliant immigration consultant who told us about the BCPNP the the other person has mentioned.
We were then told about the whole process and the expensive, but we took a chance paid the money and came home and waited, and let me tell you you feel like a sitting duck not knowing if the dream will come true, nearly 5 months later we got the call to say were in and not we are dashing round trying to make every happen in the next 5 weeks.
Think I might land in Vancouver bald, stress isn't the word.

Told you it was long
If there is anything else I can help with let me, I know what it feels like when you wanna escape.
Where are you living at mo? What part of Canada you wanna go?
Oh and if I were you wouldn't bother with the study, I was going to do the same but ws advised it's not worth the expensive and it will set you back further to reaching Canada.

Good Luck
Old Nov 6th 2011, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

"the other person" speaking .. :
Wouldn't go through the process of studying either, especially if your hubby is already in the construction business,
wouldn't pay a fortune though for an immigration consultant either ...but having that said, I don't have much knowledge about the BC PNP...could be that it is way more complicated than the Manitoba one??

PNP application here is free, you have different streams depending on what your situation is...but face it, you won't escape the winter here, if that is the goal .

Ilse
Old Nov 7th 2011, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Hi All,

Thankyou for your responses I feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel lol

it seems, like there is many routes into Canada just need to find the right one! it has been said Canada is big we like Vancouver as well. I here its lovely there in the summer and there are lots to do and see of all ages.

I forgot to add we come with baggage I have 2kids will this be an issue? they are both under 10 years old. And we also have a 17 year hes my step son... not sure he would be keen on the idea as he seems very settle here etc etc.. me on the other hand is ready to espace as soon as I can LOL

Loving the links thanks will have a read

Taylor2Kay... Girl you have patience of a saint LOL I dont blame you I live in coventry (Radford) so not far from you so wanting to move how are you getting on??? well I hope

So you think studying is a waste of time??? I'm still unsure about this route, also it does seem long and we would ideally like to leave within the next year if possible but it seems like we also have a wait we want to visit next year as we have never been we just feel in love with the idea and I have heard so many lovely stories about Canada I think we would settle well LOL.

I am wondering what the life style is like there? any to the UK??? any tips of where to go or adviod would be handy
Old Nov 7th 2011, 8:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Natasha1978
it seems, like there is many routes into Canada just need to find the right one!
There are indeed, over 50 routes to a visa, so you need to find the one that works for you.

I forgot to add we come with baggage I have 2kids will this be an issue? they are both under 10 years old.
Wouldn't be a problem - the only possible slight issue is that if they are not your husband's children, you would need permission from their biological father to remove them from the UK.

So you think studying is a waste of time??? I'm still unsure about this route, also it does seem long and we would ideally like to leave within the next year if possible but it seems like we also have a wait we want to visit next year as we have never been we just feel in love with the idea and I have heard so many lovely stories about Canada I think we would settle well LOL.
I personally think studying is a waste of time if you're only doing it to get a visa. By the time you've completed your studies, then worked full-time for a year (you need the work experience to qualify as a Skilled Worker, not just a qualification in that field), 'the list' of eligible occupations will have changed anyway, so you may find it was a complete waste of time and money. Do it if you want to study anyway, but not just to try and qualify for a visa as things change too often in Canadian immigration.

But if studying is of interest, then how about doing it in Canada? That could be a good option for you.

I wish you the best of luck, do have a good read of the Wiki (link in my signature) which has loads of info on visas, lifestyle, areas, etc. I'd also suggest you read the Moving Back to the UK forum to see why people return from Canada, and as you say you really need to visit first as you may hate it!
Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Hiya thanks for your warm welcome so it appears that I can get in without the hassle of studying phewwwww I may still study but like you are so rightly said I could do that there which would be a very good option for us

My 2 kids are for my husband but my step son has another mother hoping this would be a real issue.

thankyou for your link but I cant seem to find it?? sorry x
Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

thankyou for your link but I cant seem to find it?? sorry x
No probs, it's in my signature (down the bottom of my posts), the bit in bold that says 'Newcomers to the Forum' or something similar. It's also on the main forum page so you may well already have read it.

Good luck.