Moving to Canada

Old Mar 31st 2011, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Teceumseh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Canada

I am taking my medical tomorrow, but just wanted an idea on the length of processing time it will take before I can leave for Canada!
Old Mar 31st 2011, 9:47 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Canada

Originally Posted by Teceumseh
I am taking my medical tomorrow, but just wanted an idea on the length of processing time it will take before I can leave for Canada!
Hi and welcome to the Forum.

There is no set time, and no way of gauging it. It could take one month or many. If you read through a few threads on medicals and subsequent issue of a Visa you'll see what I mean.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 9:53 am
Just Joined

Many thanks for your reply, Can not wait to move to Canada as my wife is Canadian and we only got married two weeks ago.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 9:55 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teceumseh
Largely depends what process you are following and where you are applying though. Would you like us to guess, or would you like to provide a bit more detail.

Given that you have to land within a year of taking the medical or else it expires we can say with some certainty "within a year"

If your wife is canadian and you dont mind not being able to work here for a bit you could leave for Canada on the next flight and apply "in country".

Last edited by iaink; Mar 31st 2011 at 10:11 am.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

My wife will be my sponsor and applying through London UK.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 12:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Given that you have to land within a year of taking the medical or else it expires we can say with some certainty "within a year"
Not always though - people in the past have had to have medicals redone as they were about to expire and PR still hadn't been issued!

Originally Posted by iaink
If your wife is canadian and you dont mind not being able to work here for a bit you could leave for Canada on the next flight and apply "in country".
Or could still apply outland even if in Canada, which is much quicker (approx 3 months versus over a year).