Moving to canada

Old Feb 11th 2009, 2:20 am
Just Joined

louc4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to canada

Well the lawfirm that we chose has been been a licensed attorney since 1988 in this field and we met with him ourselves and not just one of his representatives. Maybe your right it could be a different name that they use for a certain visa. And as I said previously I know that it will not automatically lead to a permanent visa and that you have to apply for that separately. What I want to know is that if they help my partner find work is the legal or not?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

I don't think they'd made up a Visa, I think they've just made up a name for their process, which includes helping you find a job, applying for the visa etc etc. I suspect they just plan to help you get a normal temporary working permit, and then you can apply for permanent residency once you arrive.

On whether or not its illegal, I think it depends on who is paying them. My understanding is that if they are acting as an agent for employers looking for staff, that's fine. However, they cannot charge you for finding you a job. I may be wrong on that, but someone here will correct me.

I wouldn't panic, but maybe explore all your options before handing over money. In particular, have you explored the Federal Skilled Worker programme, whereby you might be able to get Permanent Residence within 6-12 months and wouldn't be required to stay in one job the whole time, which would be a requirement of the working visa, and could be a real pain if you decide you want to move city.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 2:45 am
Just Joined

louc4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou, I have just seen on a different thread that many people have used the lawfirm I am talking about and been extremely happy. But if anyone else out there could reccomend any other good lawfirms that can help us it would be much appreciated.