Moving to Calgary

Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Darren M is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Calgary

Hi,

I am hoping to move to Calgary with my wife and 3 year old daughter. At present we have not submitted out application as we are still researching our move. we are finding it all a bit scary but from reading some posts on this site are starting to get more excited about the whole thing. At present I've submitted a couple of free online assessments, although doing it myself I score 69 possibly 71.

Does anyone have any advice regards using an immigration consultant and also and rough idea of the cost to use one?

Finally I have a BEng (Hons) Degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering do you think there will be any qualification transfer issues?

Thanks
Darren
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

jrbenny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Calgary

A lot of professionals and tradespeople get to Canada only to find their qualification is not recognised in canada and can't get a job because they have no canadian experience.Do your homework beforehand.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

NikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant future

Hi
Lots of people on this forum have used an agent - I'm sure some of them will reply to you. We didn't, but if we were going to I would have gone to Andrew Miller.
Good luck.
Nik
Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:11 pm
Happy as a pig in treacle

claire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud of

Unless you have money to burn I shouldn't bother! We did all ourselves, and I know lots of others have done the same.
C