Movement..., but...

Old Jun 9th 2009, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of
Default Movement..., but...

Well, our immigration lawyer finally emailed CHC London with the question regarding us possibly being on holiday when/if PPR comes through (keeping fingers tightly crossed).

They didn't think we'd hear anything, but...

Today they received a letter requesting further documents.

They (CHC) now want documentation (birth certs) for my husbands children from his previous marriage. All this, although we have included several letters (at every possible step of the application), that they will not be coming with us and that, if they decide to want to move to Canada after all, they would have to do so on their own rights (won't be able to sponsor them).

I am pulling my hair out! :curse:

This is so stupid! They ask for letters attesting that certain family members are not going to be coming , but then that's not enough anyway! :curse:

What have others done in this case?

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?
Old Jun 10th 2009, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of
Default Re: Movement..., but...

Has anybody found themselves in this situation before, and if so, what did you do? What happened?
Old Jun 10th 2009, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Is there really no-one who has been in a similar situation before???
Old Jun 10th 2009, 11:41 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Give them what they ask for. You may not see the need for the BCs but nothing will happen until the visa office receives them. It is inconvenient of course.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Give them what they ask for. You may not see the need for the BCs but nothing will happen until the visa office receives them. It is inconvenient of course.
So, what happens when you can't get hold of an ex, or the ex won't give the documents necessary, as well as not write a letter saying that she won't give docs (because she is one big pain in the...) ???
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Snoopstah has a brilliant futureSnoopstah has a brilliant futureSnoopstah has a brilliant futureSnoopstah has a brilliant futureSnoopstah has a brilliant futureSnoopstah has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TheCanes
So, what happens when you can't get hold of an ex, or the ex won't give the documents necessary, as well as not write a letter saying that she won't give docs (because she is one big pain in the...) ???
Birth certificates are publically available, you can simply apply to the General Register Office for a duplicate certificate provided you know the full name, date of birth, etc. of the person you want the certificate for. I think it costs around £10 per certificate.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Snoopstah
Birth certificates are publically available, you can simply apply to the General Register Office for a duplicate certificate provided you know the full name, date of birth, etc. of the person you want the certificate for. I think it costs around £10 per certificate.
Okay, thanks. I'm still left with the fact that my OH's ex will never (even if we find her) do anything that will make OH's life easier. So, that means, she will never let kids have medicals, or write letter. Trust me!!!

What do we do?
Old Jun 11th 2009, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
I don't think I understand...You said in your opening post that the CHC just want birth certificates which you can get as Snoopstah has already pointed out. You shouldn't need to involve your OH's ex for that..Or do they want more than just the birth certificates?
Cheers
Tim
Old Jun 11th 2009, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tim Steer
Hi,
I don't think I understand...You said in your opening post that the CHC just want birth certificates which you can get as Snoopstah has already pointed out. You shouldn't need to involve your OH's ex for that..Or do they want more than just the birth certificates?
Cheers
Tim
DOH!!! I obviously forgot (in my fury) that they are also requesting them to have medicals. Sorry!

So, not knowing where they are (and with no real hope of being able to contact them), and knowing that, even if we find them, that his ex will do her best not to comply in any shape or form... - what do we do?

Sorry again for the confusion.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 4:40 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

It is not absolutely necessary for the children to have the medical examination seeing that you have no intention of sponsoring them at any time in the future. The visa office is just wishing to avoid some possible future regret on your part re sponsorship.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:23 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

If I were you I'd get the birth certificates and then send a letter explaining the circumstances and why medicals are impossible.

Ranting and raving at CIC will get you nowhere - after all you are dealing with another human being (well kinda )
Old Jun 12th 2009, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
It is not absolutely necessary for the children to have the medical examination seeing that you have no intention of sponsoring them at any time in the future. The visa office is just wishing to avoid some possible future regret on your part re sponsorship.
Thanks, Jim. This certainly made me feel a bit better. Just wish I'd remembered to put the meds question in in my first post.

Originally Posted by Rob_999
If I were you I'd get the birth certificates and then send a letter explaining the circumstances and why medicals are impossible.

Ranting and raving at CIC will get you nowhere - after all you are dealing with another human being (well kinda )
Don't get me wrong; I wouldn't 'rant and rave' at anyone at CHC. Too risky when that someone else makes the decision. I just hope it all works out once we sort the births certs and the letter.