Moved: The student route

Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:28 am
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 212
benjy25 will become famous soon enoughbenjy25 will become famous soon enough
Default Moved: The student route

Can anybody advise as to the process for securing an open work permit (OWP) for a spouse or common law partner on the back of a study permit for the principal applicant?

Is it simply a case that the spouse/common law partner is automtically issued an OWP upon succesful application for the study permit? I am likely to be accepted onto a graduate course in the near future and need to be sure of the process before I commence.

I cannot find any hard and fast rule on the CIC website. Also, for proving funds, does anybody know if you are able to use the capital in a house which is on the market? If somebody could advise on the various routes to prove funds that would be great.

Many thanks, Ben
benjy25 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.