Old Jan 14th 2008, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

fxman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moved: Refund?!

this is interesting...

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/can...html?id=216106
Old Jan 14th 2008, 3:42 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Refund?!

This was a pertinent comment. "Officials at the Immigration Department did not respond yesterday to a request for comment."

My experience is that after they admitted the error on my first application, they simply ignored my requests for correcting their error or refunding the fees and a second application with further fees was necessary.

I imagine they'll do the same with this.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:40 am
Just Joined

Rich n Emma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moved: Refund?!

It also makes you wonder how they can justify the $550 per adult to just submit your application for SW simplified. Bearing in mind it'll be years before they even get looked at. I believe in about 3 1/2 years i'll be out in Canada looking for a job and going down that route. We're tied to the UK for the next 4 years regardless.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:49 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I can understand the justifications on the amounts they charge for SW processing. Both they and many other Canadian agencies have to do a lot of background checking and administrative work to get you your visa. People's time isn't free.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:29 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

But for the simplified route it's just a question of inputting a few details into the computer and then waiting 5 years. It might more sense if it was $100 up front then the rest when they want the full package. Then again, you don't want to encourage too many people to just apply on spec, so the $550 is probably quite a good deterrent.