Moved: Queuing at the CHC?

Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Jaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really nice
Question Moved: Queuing at the CHC?

Hi folks (stupid question time again!!!)

Well, I will be going to the CHC in London and do what all brits do every day of our lives....QUEUE!!!. I am going there to drop off OH & my own passports along with photos for our visas!!!

With this in mind, has anyone (I'm sure you have!!) done this before, as I would like to know what sort of queues did you experience. For those that don't know, the CHC only allow in person deliveries of passorts, etc on Thursday between 2pm & 3pm....seems at bit strange

I am probably going to get up there early as I don't know what sort of queues to expect....oh hold, I have just thought of another question (watch out for the puff of smoke coming out of my ears)

If the CHC only accept personal deliveries of passports for visa documentation between 2pm & 3pm, do they honour everyone that has been queuing, in other words if there are people still queuing pass 3pm, will they 'shut the doors' and be told to come back on the next Thursday, or will they take receipt of every person who was queued, then close the doors..

Again, stupd questions I know, but if anyone has the answers to the above, I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Brian
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:53 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queuing at the CHC?

Get there at 12:30 and you'll be amoung the first 5 in the queue. Get there by 1 and you'll be amoung the first 20 in the queue. Get there by 2 and there's about 90 people in the queue. Whether they honor them all or not I don't know as I've always been out by 2:05, so they're pretty quick.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I got there both times around 1:30 and was in and out by 2:30. You might get a bad day where lots of people turn up, I've no idea what happens then.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant futurescottandsara has a brilliant future

I think they bring a sign out at 3:00 & place it at the end of the que, saying that no one beyond this point will be seen. I'm not certain, but they used to do this - hopefully someone can confirm
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jaffa0007

Well, I will be going to the CHC in London and do what all brits do every day of our lives....QUEUE!!!. I am going there to drop off OH & my own passports along with photos for our visas!!!

With this in mind, has anyone (I'm sure you have!!) done this before, as I would like to know what sort of queues did you experience. For those that don't know, the CHC only allow in person deliveries of passorts, etc on Thursday between 2pm & 3pm....seems at bit strange

I am probably going to get up there early as I don't know what sort of queues to expect....oh hold, I have just thought of another question (watch out for the puff of smoke coming out of my ears)

If the CHC only accept personal deliveries of passports for visa documentation between 2pm & 3pm, do they honour everyone that has been queuing, in other words if there are people still queuing pass 3pm, will they 'shut the doors' and be told to come back on the next Thursday, or will they take receipt of every person who was queued, then close the doors..

Again, stupd questions I know, but if anyone has the answers to the above, I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Brian

I'm going tomorrow to collect our passports. I arrived early a couple of weeks ago and was in the first half dozen of the queue and went straight in at 2pm. So much so that I was back at Paddington by 2:30pm.

Good Luck, see you tomorrow maybe...

Patrick.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Jaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really niceJaffa0007 is just really nice

Originally Posted by smitp11
I'm going tomorrow to collect our passports. I arrived early a couple of weeks ago and was in the first half dozen of the queue and went straight in at 2pm. So much so that I was back at Paddington by 2:30pm.

Patrick.
Thanks Patrick....I plan to get there for about 12:30 - 1:30 so good luck to you too!!

Thanks to all for your comments as well!!

Cheers!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by smitp11

Patrick.
Thanks all!!!

I was there today (28/06) and was third in line.....I was the guy wearing the......wait for it.........grey CANADA t-shirt!!! (if you saw me that is??).

I was pretty nervous whilst I was waiting as I started thinking....there is no turning back now....this is real!!!!!

I'll be back in another 2 weeks to collect the visas......
Old Jun 28th 2007, 6:46 am
I'll have a double double

dozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to all
Default Re: Moved: Queuing at the CHC?

Thanks

Brian
Queuing is horrible, but look on the bright side, you'll hopefully get the chance to "line up" instead...

rgds

John
Old Jul 12th 2007, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Thanks

Brian

Well......after nearly 3 years, I finally have our visas!!!

I collected them today at the CHC...anyone else there, I was at the front of ther queue, 2nd in line!!!!

At last........now the fun begins........

Thanks

Brian
Old Jul 12th 2007, 5:54 am
I'll have a double double

dozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to all

Well......after nearly 3 years, I finally have our visas!!!

I collected them today at the CHC...anyone else there, I was at the front of ther queue, 2nd in line!!!!

At last........now the fun begins........

Thanks

Brian
congratulations buddy, what are your landing plans

rgds

john
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

johners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nicejohners is just really nice

There really does not seem to be much point in going to CHC twice. The turnaround time by post is only a few days more. Send them special delivery and they will be fine.

In fact, it can be quicker by post. If you receive your PPR on Friday, then you can post immediately rather than waiting til the following thursday to take them to CHC by hand. I sent them and they came back in 2 weeks and a half. Saved myself the expense of going to london (twice) and all that queuing.