Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Moved: Opened CIBC deposit account,sending money question

Moved: Opened CIBC deposit account,sending money question

Old Oct 28th 2007, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

amirshahram will become famous soon enough
Default Moved: Opened CIBC deposit account,sending money question

I have opened an account in CIBC banc yong&bloor branch toronto and i want to send money to my account from iran.
as the bank has told before,after sending money when they have received money my account will be inactive til the time i present myself physically in the bank and complete the process.
I should send money by some middle companies as banks can not do that in iran because of US sanctions.I need to show proof of enough fund(15500 cad $)in cash or in my bank account in canada but if i send money,bank only sends me an email mentioning the amount of money in my inactive account.my question is that showing that printed email is enough and they will accept and don`t need any other proof or it`s better to bring money in cash(regarding security issues).considering that bank draft can not be accepted as proof as well
thank you in advance for reading my question.

Last edited by amirshahram; Oct 28th 2007 at 5:00 am.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moved: Opened CIBC deposit account,sending money question

Originally Posted by amirshahram
I have opened an account in CIBC banc yong&bloor branch toronto and i want to send money to my account from iran.
as the bank has told before,after sending money when they have received money my account will be inactive til the time i present myself physically in the bank and complete the process.
I should send money by some middle companies as banks can not do that in iran because of US sanctions.I need to show proof of enough fund(15500 cad $)in cash or in my bank account in canada but if i send money,bank only sends me an email mentioning the amount of money in my inactive account.my question is that showing that printed email is enough and they will accept and don`t need any other proof or it`s better to bring money in cash(regarding security issues).considering that bank draft can not be accepted as proof as well
thank you in advance for reading my question.
I think you have posted in the wrong forum mate. This is for immigration and not lifestyle questions. Try asking your question in
The Maple Leaf forum. Good luck.

Last edited by roxye3; Oct 28th 2007 at 3:07 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by roxye3
I think you have posted in the wrong forum mate. This is for immigration and not lifestyle questions. Try asking your question in
The Maple Leaf forum. Good luck.
amirshahram
I must agree with roxye3 try the other forum, the current status between Iran and the US will make your transaction more difficult as the weeks transpire.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 4:05 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

It's not clear what this has to do with immigration issues, hence the thread is closed. Please repost on the general Canada lifestyle forum.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 1:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
It's not clear what this has to do with immigration issues, hence the thread is closed. Please repost on the general Canada lifestyle forum.
I moved it yesterday because the OP was asking whether an email from his Canadian bank was okay for proof of funds (for immigration purposes I assumed) or whether he should bring cash. Despite the title, I didn't think it was a question on sending money to Canada, which should indeed be posted in the Lifestyle section.

Can anyone help with his proof of funds question?