Moved: medicals?

Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:50 am
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moved: medicals?

just a wee question. have become addicted to this site and wish i had found it about 18 months ago when we started looking into moving to newfoundland!

Anyway, after reading through a lot of other posts, it seems that people have had their requests for medicals very quickly after getting their pnp certs. We got our certs last june, aor august and have heard nothing so far. checking on-line shows our application is in process! It isn't really a problem as we are over on work permits as my husband had to come over and start work. When we got our work permits from immigration, the guy reckoned it would take us about a year to get our pr, so gave us permits until dec 08, and said if we needed an extension it would be no bother. It just worries me a wee bit as we have bought a car, in process of buying a house and it seems that everyone else has had their medicals quickly and subsequent pr.

Would just like to hear other people's experiences.

Cheers,
jx
Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:11 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medicals?

which visa post did you apply to? there are so many different factors which influence the processing time. other time lines are just a guide line and there might be a bit of a delay due to the holiday season. (cic and postal service didn't work full steam during this time i guess...))
i wouldn't worry to much. give them a bit more time. and if you do your medicals as fast as possible after getting the request ppr normally arrives quite fast.

btw - you might want to join the provincial nominees in this thread
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:32 pm
kws
Just Joined

kws has a spectacular aura aboutkws has a spectacular aura aboutkws has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: medicals?

Jx,

If you are dealing with london as we were, I would get hold of them. Your situation sounds exactly like ours 2 years ago. The problem was that London was sending stuff to an incorrect address despite them having been given the proper one in Canada. We ended up missing one of the deadlines and having to appeal the process (with the help of the local MP who was in the cabinet at the time). It may be that they are slow but it's always prudent to make sure that they have the right address. It took us a year from getting the work permits to getting our PR stuff, we were quoted 3-4 months back then. I know that the process is longer now but it still sounds like a long time.

Good Luck

kws
Old Jan 5th 2008, 1:48 am
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moved: medicals?

kws and lof,

thanks for your help. lof - it was from looking at that thread i became worried! Most people seem to get there medicals through in a few weeks after AOR. But perhaps they are not applying through london - i will go back and have a more thorough look.

kws - poor you, that sounds like an absolute nightmare. When we checked last night, they have the right address, currently my mum and dads because we were moving into rented accommodation here for a few months before buying our own place didn't want to have to be continually changing addresses and confusing things.

Well, we will give it a couple more weeks - they say don't contact them until 5 months is over, and we don't want to hold them up with unecessary phone calls! As i said, we have our work permits until december, so it is not a huge deal, but like kws just worried about getting "lost" in the system.

Thanks again for the help,
jx